Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have the stock inner and outer felling dogs for a 550 they might part with.

Yes I know.
Most of the older 1970's - 1980's Homelite saws sold in Canada and exported elsewhere in the world were assembled at Terry industries in Quebec. It was a division of Textron.
Terry industries in Quebec also made saws for the U.S. market. SXL925's up till the late 70's and XL123's all came from Canada. This is from Chainsawladys's sales records

I've got several Terry industry saws and the those are 2 of my faves got a few from north Carolina too quite a few from new York

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Got this saw all finished up, tore it down to the case and cleaned it installed new intake boot, carb kit, fuel line, impulse line, reworked AV buffers. Had to bend the forward grip too as it appeared to have been crushed by something earlier in its life. The bar is ok, not great, but the chain is sharp.

I did notice that it revs really fast compared to most of my saws. Not a bad saw to work on either. I kinked the impulse line the first time I put it together, then spent a day wondering why it wouldn't pull fuel...... DOH!

Its up for sale on my local CL now because I doubt i'll use it (too many other larger saws I'd rather play with) and I need to recoup some money for the chainsaw budget.

20170621_141115.jpg

20170621_141132.jpg

So that's what one o' those looks like all cleaned up! LOL

I have one that is so covered with funk you can barely see red. Looks to be in really good shape otherwise. Just haven't gotten jazzed up enough about it yet to pull it out and go through it. Be lucky to get 75 bux for it in my area. Think I paid $35. Are they actually Homelites, or Solos?

Latest posts

Back