Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which 1020?

XP1000------------------------Manual oiler , 42oz fuel tank, optional auto oiler, 19.5lbs
XP1020------------------------Manual oiler , 49oz fuel tank, optional auto oiler, 20lbs
XP1020 Automatic-----------Auto oiler, 49oz fuel tank -----------------------------21lbs
SuperXP1020-----------------Manual oiler , 49oz fuel tank, pawl type starter 20.5lbs
SuperXP1020 Automatic ----Auto oiler, 49oz fuel tank, pawl type starter 21lbs

1050 Auto---------------------2 3/16 bore x 1 5/8 stroke
Super 1050 auto--------------2.19 bore x 1.63 stroke
Thank you. I bought a decent runner 1000xp for $40 and was curious about the differences as Acres rates them for a 30" bar and I thought the 1020 super was rated for longer. I should think a 1000xp would pull a 36" about like a Mac 790.

Thank you. I bought a decent runner 1000xp for $40 and was curious about the differences as Acres rates them for a 30" bar and I thought the 1020 super was rated for longer. I should think a 1000xp would pull a 36" about like a Mac 790.

83741c4441c25e0fdb826f7388464542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stupidity continues. LOL Just picked up a Super XLAO in Blue. Just what I needed another say.
Are the parts the same as the red ones? It needs a few simple things like a spike. But I won't be able to get into it until next week sometimes.

The parts are mostly the same but there are running changes that prevent substitution in some cases. I believe the spikes are all the same. In order to know which parts Homelite said would interchange you would need IPL's for both saws and compare part numbers. That is where the suffix letter (A,B, etc.) come into play. And of course some with different letters will still interchange. Best of luck!

Needs a spike fro sure.
I have to look it up but will be cleaning it up some and running it before I buy anything for it. Has no air filter, chain looks good, bar is a 16" Homelite but the thin (heighth wise) one. Wasn't together but in a box so it will take a few minutes.
Sitting now looking at the eclipse for a few minutes though.

OK the oil problem seemed to be the O'rings, changed then this morning.
The gas problem is still a problem. Took the top off the carb off and it was black, the tiny screen was plugged. Sprayed and blew out with air and she runs like a champ again but will no doubt plug up again.
But I will try the lacquer thinner, The bb's are good idea nice and small. it's all in the very low part where the tank gets small.
Thanks now to work on the XLA next.
OK oiler worked for a few tanks full. The check valve is the brass 90*, what's inside? I plan on taking it apart and just spraying it with parts cleaner?

OK got out to the barn to check out the new blue. Maybe some help with model for parts since there's no UT numbers. The plate say HOMELITE Super XL Under that AO 2915212.
I will need a spike but I will just measure off my other Super XL or XL 12.
I would like to add a Manuel oiler also, I understand they were an option, will a newer XL set up work?

Attachments

• 20170821_141153.jpg
    20170821_141153.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20170821_141203.jpg
    20170821_141203.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
The AO means automatic oiler. The number is the serial number, someone here will be able to date it within a few months, Joyce kept records for 50 years of the sn's on saws she and her husband sold. Comparing yours will give a rough date. I think any manual oiler will work, you need the lines and fittings to go with it. If the auto is working right it generally works great.

Spent less than 30 minutes cleaning her up somewhat. Still need a few things though.
Proper size muffler bolt, proper air cleaner nut, low leak plug, and a spike.

Attachments

• 20170821_171435.jpg
    20170821_171435.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20170821_171505.jpg
    20170821_171505.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
Thank you. It cleaned up pretty nice. The frame looks closer to the XL-12 than the other Super XLAO I have.
I would like to add the manual oiler, is it as easy as just removing the plugs, adding the pump, 90* check valve and the two small pieces of copper?

Welcome! Thanks for telling the story again! I haven't tried to start it up yet, maybe this weekend. My schedule is kinda nuts lately.

The new saws are faster, lighter, and quieter, and fun to run in their own right, but nothing beats the cool factor of the old big inch American saws.

Now run away FAST from this site lest you become infected with CAD (Chainsaw Acquisition Disorder) like the rest of us two stroke junkies here! :laugh:
Too late...I didn't run away fast enough!! Have 11 saws now, some in various states of disrepair, and another project on the way. My name is Greg...and I'm a gear junkie.

Latest posts

Back