Homelite EZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyCliff

LOVE WOOD!
Reaction score
I need help! I have a Homelite EZ that I had running, and then I replaced the fuel line, the fuel filter, and installed a rebuild kit in the carb and now I can't get it to stay running.

It will run just fine if I squirt gas into the carb, but as soon as it burns that gas it quits. I can see the gas in the fuel line, but it doesn't seem to be sucked into the carb.

Any help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Cliff

Do you have a carb that is known to be good you could swap in? I would bet something got messed up in the carb rebuild.

Try the high and low screws out 1 to 1 1/2 turns out from bottom and once running you can tune it from there.

I need help! I have a Homelite EZ that I had running, and then I replaced the fuel line, the fuel filter, and installed a rebuild kit in the carb and now I can't get it to stay running.

It will run just fine if I squirt gas into the carb, but as soon as it burns that gas it quits. I can see the gas in the fuel line, but it doesn't seem to be sucked into the carb.

Any help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Cliff
When you rebuilt carb, did you check to make sure all passages are clean and clear?

Any chance you have the carb gasket with the little pump flap in it installed wrong? They're pretty easy to get wrong and then the carbs wont have a pulse for fuel flow.

Any chance you have the carb gasket with the little pump flap in it installed wrong? They're pretty easy to get wrong and then the carbs wont have a pulse for fuel flow.

I'm not ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, but I was very careful. But Something is certainly not right. I am going to go through it again just to try and make sure everything is right. Thanks for the reply.

Cliff

Do you have a carb that is known to be good you could swap in? I would bet something got messed up in the carb rebuild.

Try the high and low screws out 1 to 1 1/2 turns out from bottom and once running you can tune it from there.

No, I don't have another carb to try. I wish I had another 1 that I could try because that would sure make this easier. I did start at 1 turn and then 1.5. It's not running at all when it runs out of fuel squirted into the carb. What now?

Cliff

You could have a diaphragm in the carb flipped over. Take it apart and put it together again making sure everything lines up perfectly.

It may not be sucking fuel at all. Do you have clear fuel lines so you can monitor if the fuel is moving through at all?

GypsyCliff;
Can you post a pic of the saw? There were two different Homelite EZ models made (as far as I know), an EZ (which is really big, old, and heavy like buzz sawyer said) and a Super EZ Auto. They are quite different from each other. it would be helpful to know which one you have.

GypsyCliff;
Can you post a pic of the saw? There were two different Homelite EZ models made (as far as I know), an EZ (which is really big, old, and heavy like buzz sawyer said) and a Super EZ Auto. They are quite different from each other. it would be helpful to know which one you have.

Yep, sure can. Here it is...14901634797161933972542.jpg 14901635290871480654580.jpg

Like I said, it did run before I started replacing all the parts, and it runs now if I inject gas straight into the carb Until it runs out.

And the fuel line is clear, and fuel doesn't seem to be flowing into the carb. I'm at a loss, and it's making me feel dumb! Don't understand what went wrong.

Cliff

OK, you have the newer SEZAO - super ez auto oiler good little saw when it runs right. Sounds like you have something backwards with the fuel pump diaphragm and gasket or something keeping the inlet needed from opening OR a leak somewhere along the impulse path to the carb - like a leaking base gasket. Been a while since I was into mine and am miles away from it right now.

And don't feel dumb. Most or all of us have had some real stumpers that turned out to be something simple.

Yes, and this was one of those times! The problem turned out the tiny lever in the bottom of the carburetor. It was not bent that tiny bit that's required. Bent it too much so that it was flooding, then took it apart for the 64th time and flattened it out a TINY BIT. Stopped flooding, and started running. Not perfect, but at least it's a step in the right direction!

This is one touchy saw. Guess it's going to take some more tweaking, but I can handle that.

Thanks all for your input. A great bunch of folks here on AS!

Cliff

Back