Homemade AUX oiler for mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's extremely similar to the one I plan on building. I have basically all those materials just need to find time to put it together. What did you use to thread the valve on the bottom? I was told a "tapper" by a plumber I work with, but Home Depot didn't have one. I guess a plumbing supply is next?

That's extremely similar to the one I plan on building. I have basically all those materials just need to find time to put it together. What did you use to thread the valve on the bottom? I was told a "tapper" by a plumber I work with, but Home Depot didn't have one. I guess a plumbing supply is next?
I just drilled the hole close and threaded it in. After it was in I epoxied the inside just for extra leak protection. I've had oil in it for a week and no leaks.

Anyone mind if I ask the stupid, obvious question? Where do you attach the hose? How are you getting the extra oil in the bar?

Btw, nice job. There's beauty in simplicity.

Anyone mind if I ask the stupid, obvious question? Where do you attach the hose? How are you getting the extra oil in the bar? .
There's no need to get the oil into the bar. The hose can be attached just above the line between the bar and the chain just after it has passed around the bar nose so that the oil just drops onto that line. This can be done by drilling a hole in the nose clamp and fixing a metal pipe into the hole and attaching the hose to that pipe, OR making a bracket like this and using a bolt with a hole down the middleoildeliverypoint.jpg
The bracket is better because the position of the delivery point can be easily adjusted

I drilled the bar and put in 1/4 20 cap head bolts with red locktight made changing chain easer . I have been running used penut oil ,makes me hungry to mill smelling the fish though . I like the oiler . I have also welded a 6"pipe on the guard for a helper to use when lifting off and on

Latest posts

Back