Homemade logosol type mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff29520

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Husky 395xp ordered to mount to a chainsaw mill I made. It is similar in design to the Logosol M8 in that the saw will mount to the carriage using coupling nuts instead of the two bar nuts and the carriage is pulled along the frame by a hand crank winch. I used my 450 during the design phase with one coupling nut on the only bar stud and another stud through the end of the slot. I had no problems with this mounting method during about 2 hours of testing. My question is will this design put too much stress on the housing where the bar mount studs are? Have you guys ever heard of anybody with this type of mount having problems. Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.

Sounds interesting, any pictures? I believe it's fairly common to use the bar mount studs that way, I've seen pictures of Bobl's mill that uses a similar setup, but with two studs. Hopefully he'll chime in, he's a wealth of info.

Sounds interesting, any pictures? I believe it's fairly common to use the bar mount studs that way, I've seen pictures of Bobl's mill that uses a similar setup, but with two studs. Hopefully he'll chime in, he's a wealth of info.
Planning to post some when the 395 comes in. I ordered it from Sherrill tree and I'm still waiting for it.

I used my 450 during the design phase with one coupling nut on the only bar stud and another stud through the end of the slot. I had no problems with this mounting method during about 2 hours of testing. My question is will this design put too much stress on the housing where the bar mount studs are? Have you guys ever heard of anybody with this type of mount having problems. Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.

I'm not familiar with the logosol type mount so I don't really understand what you mean.
A photo might help?

IMG_0436.jpg Didn't mean to start a conversation and disappear. Lots of firewood orders this week. My saw finally came in and I decided to drill two holes in the bar instead of using the bar nuts. Excuse the rough appearance, I am using my round bale hauling trailer which determined the sled's design. I have 4 bearings underneath to hold it down to the 4 inch I-beam rail.The ratchet strap is because I made.a cut and.strapped the board down til I could finish later this week.

Latest posts

Back