homemade small alaskan chainsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryce c tyrrell

stihl enthusiast
Reaction score
20151027_204422.jpg I made this tonight after a deal on a manufactured one fell through. I'm new to milling and chainsaws for that matter. But I'm not one to wait. So waiting on one to ship was not appealing to me. So I fabricated this one. I'll give it a run tomorrow night. But 8n the meantime any feed back go or bad would be appreciated. Thanks.

how do these granbergs etc attach to saw havnt seen any pics up close at either end?
I would consider trying to build one, but need to see how a factory one works I guess to comprehend what Im building.

*ryan,
Yes I used a gasses might welder. A harbor freight special. It does what I need it to. Keep it simple.
Skindaddy,
Ill try to post a pic up close of my homemade jobby here.

thanks Bryce did you drill 2 holes in bar for the silver bolts? or its just sandwiched between the socket head screws?
also lets see that unit in action;)

Skindaddy,
No, I didn't drill any holes. The black bolts you see clamp the bar. The heads are smooth and round Allen key heads. I'll post a video if I can figure out how. The only video I have now is using it with my ms310. Which is severely under powered for this task. I've since upgraded to a ms461. Which does really well. This video is also my first pass ever so a lots improved since then. But you get the idea.

*ryan,
Yes I used a gasses might welder. A harbor freight special. It does what I need it to. Keep it simple.
Skindaddy,
Ill try to post a pic up close of my homemade jobby here.
I have a lot of welding equipment. My home made mill is just some 2bys bolted to the bar.

Back