homemade tools of the job??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted these in the Firewood section before. Homemade CADtrac articulating loader with log grapple. I made everything that you see here.

Picture175.jpg

Picture177.jpg

Now THAT is slick!!!:msp_smile:

My best home made firewood tool

how bout setups for moving logs in the woods ie drag up the hill type stuff?

pics of your best creation anyone? ya know the tools after you use them the 1st time you say how did i do that without this thing before.

Hands down this big cargo box that fits on the rear hayforks for the tractor. It has a removable back as well. It'll tote the load point A to B and is real easy to load and unload, because of the hydraulics. Lower to the ground, load, pick it up, move on down the line.

attachment.php

OK... On a smaller scale, but no less useful. My bench-mount 'stump vice' style bar vice.

IMG_0350.jpg

I fabbed it out of some scrap bar and a 1/2" bolt. The box section shank slots...

IMG_0351.jpg

...into a matching receiver screwed to each side of the bench...

IMG_0349.jpg

...allowing me to clamp the bar of my saw while I do file touch-ups of the chain or other minor maintenance. Works a treat and allows me to keep my main metalworking vises free for other jobs.

which Duetz is that? Dad has a 3006 and just acquired a 5506.

6206. There's also a DX90 in the barn with an FEL, but I only run that thing for serious heavy duty work, hmm, mostly running the big haymower, corn grinder and if I need to move bulk litter or claydirt or rocks. The 6206 does most of my day to day work OK, and has loads better traction for going to do firewood, precisely because it *doesn't* have a heavy FEL hanging off the front end. Plus, just amazing on fuel. Just sips it. The DX90 guzzles. That smaller deutz goes better in the mud than the 4wd kubota that is here.

Back