Horrible Accident This Morning...Train Derailment Kills Two...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About 15 minutes before my fishing buddy and I arrived at Woss to fly-fish the Woss river this morning this accident happened.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3392493/train-accident-near-woss-lake-sends-2-to-hospital/

When we arrived we were blocked off and advised that our help, offered immediately, was not required, something we could see as the whole crew was on the scene by then and we're old retired guys, but we hung around for a couple of hours anyway.

Watched the helicopter arrive and depart taking a victim away and learned that two guys were dead and one still trapped under a pile of logs. Some delicate work was being accomplished in the attempt to free him I can tell you.

Heck of a tragic scene and some kind of fluke accident it appears although the investigation should clarify what happened to cause it, once it's over.

Sad drive home afterwards and no desire to do much of anything for the rest of the day until I was invited out for dinner, from which I have just returned.

Doubly tragic that the last train logging show left in this part of the world and one that has a great safety record to date suffered two fatalities in one incident.

Still don't know the names of the guys either so it's possible I knew them too.

Crappy day around here.

Take care.

About 15 minutes before my fishing buddy and I arrived at Woss to fly-fish the Woss river this morning this accident happened.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3392493/train-accident-near-woss-lake-sends-2-to-hospital/

When we arrived we were blocked off and advised that our help, offered immediately, was not required, something we could see as the whole crew was on the scene by then and we're old retired guys, but we hung around for a couple of hours anyway.

Watched the helicopter arrive and depart taking a victim away and learned that two guys were dead and one still trapped under a pile of logs. Some delicate work was being accomplished in the attempt to free him I can tell you.

Heck of a tragic scene and some kind of fluke accident it appears although the investigation should clarify what happened to cause it, once it's over.

Sad drive home afterwards and no desire to do much of anything for the rest of the day until I was invited out for dinner, from which I have just returned.

Doubly tragic that the last train logging show left in this part of the world and one that has a great safety record to date suffered two fatalities in one incident.

Still don't know the names of the guys either so it's possible I knew them too.

Crappy day around here.

Take care.
So sorry for your community, if your town is like mine I know most of my neighbors. I usually wave when I recognize a car and most days I'm waving at over half the cars I pass on the way to town. Prayers go out to you and your town!:cool:

So sorry for your community, if your town is like mine I know most of my neighbors. I usually wave when I recognize a car and most days I'm waving at over half the cars I pass on the way to town. Prayers go out to you and your town!:cool:

Woss is about 60 miles north of where I live now but I used to work out of Port McNeil and knew quite a few of the Woss guys back 17 years ago.

Sadly, the guy choppered out yesterday didn't make it which means three dead now.

Still no clear cause as yet either but something went wrong for sure and the possibility of it being a criminal act is being pursued.

Makes arguing on the Internet seem more stupid than usual now too.

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/p...f-criminality-in-woss-rail-disaster-1.3379120

Take care.

Latest posts

Back