Hotblast 1557m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I Am currently installing a 1557 does this unit have a thermostat built into it that the blowers kick on and off or do I have to tie it into something to tell the blowers to kick on and off?

Thanks

Built in but you have to install it and connect the wires. Might have to play with it a bit to get it to do what you want. Mine was cycling on and off too often so I took it off and added a washer or two behind the screws so that it needed a little more heat to kick it on.

Ok so I looked at the heat disc on the back of the furnace it has a 120-30 is that the temps it cuts of and on? If so how would I get it to cut of at 50 or 60?

Thanks

laff113, it's a very complicated procedure. You have to add up all the square footage of your house, then calculate the square footage of your windows and doors, delete this from your square footage of the floors. Find out the R value of your walls, find out the R value of your ceilings, add these two numbers together then divide by 3.14. Take this number and multiply it by the BTU output of the Hotblast burning well seasoned oak at 17% moisture. Check the local weather site and see what the average daily temperature is for your area for the winter season. Take this number and multiply it by the weight of a full cord of well seasoned oak. Divide this number by the number you got when you did the BTU output of the hotblast. This number should be close to the part number of what you need to replace yours with.

Or you could do what I did and just put 3 flat washers between the disc and the stove and see what happens. When it cycled a little more often that I wanted I put masking tape over the hole on the disc cover and that seemed good enough for me. They do sell different discs but I'm pretty cheap.
IMG_20150805_203956.jpg

laff113, it's a very complicated procedure. You have to add up all the square footage of your house, then calculate the square footage of your windows and doors, delete this from your square footage of the floors. Find out the R value of your walls, find out the R value of your ceilings, add these two numbers together then divide by 3.14. Take this number and multiply it by the BTU output of the Hotblast burning well seasoned oak at 17% moisture. Check the local weather site and see what the average daily temperature is for your area for the winter season. Take this number and multiply it by the weight of a full cord of well seasoned oak. Divide this number by the number you got when you did the BTU output of the hotblast. This number should be close to the part number of what you need to replace yours with.

Or you could do what I did and just put 3 flat washers between the disc and the stove and see what happens. When it cycled a little more often that I wanted I put masking tape over the hole on the disc cover and that seemed good enough for me. They do sell different discs but I'm pretty cheap.
View attachment 439587[/QUOTE

I'm the same way I will try your method and see how it works out.

What do you think the outside of the box temp is? Does it seem like the outside is over 200?

Also can anyone point me in the right direction on oiling the blowers. I just re read the manual and it didn't say anything. N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I just fired the furnace up for a test run its 50 outside. No fire in the box and the blowers are running? I thought they didn't start untill the stove reached 120 inside. What am I missing.

something in the switch circuit to turn fans on , depends if it is a snap switch or one of the bimetallic expansion types. try tapping on it sometimes they hang up. otherwise replace after making sure that limit is set correctly in the case of expansion type.

I think if you cross a wire the fans stay on. Some guys run em that way, fans always on.

Mine hasnt given me a fit yet, but i would like to know if there is an aftermarket bloweri could replace the oems with.

Yeah I just installed this after buying it used. Works fine other then the fans run as soon as it gets power. I am thinking I might just put it on a switch so one I get a fire going i turn them on. And turn it off whenever I want

Ok pulled panel and the wiring was completely screwed up. I don't even think the Thermodisc was wired in. I rewired it and it's working good now. Thanks for the info

Your stove and power bill will thank you. Now, let the ash door damper all the way out and take a grinder and remove the nubs. Never use the door draft, it sucks.

Yeah I completely blocked off the door draft, still have to grind off the nubs on the ash door and that's all I will be using. So am I reading it right that with out a thermostat the thermodisc controls the blowers off and on via whatever temp it is set for?

Latest posts

Back