Hourly Rates Small Skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been approached and have offered to do this type of work with my C5D grapple for between $100 and $75 per hour for me and my skidder, I pay fuel.. I've never had a taker at any price.

The people that hired me, we settled on 60 an hr for snow plowing. They really can't pay me more than that, and it has to be lucrative enough for them to use me or the grader or CAT get fired up and they do it themselves. My advantage is that I can cover a lot of ground fast, unless I am moving larger drifts. So when I do do it, its not much time that I rack up.

I guess I'm ok with that because its a little better than what I get for skidding logs for that amount of time and use, and usually its easier on the machine.

The 150/hour is with county work or if a landowner wants me to move tops out or something. When I'm pickin up logs that i cut for the mill my forwarder makes me 350-500/hour so at 150 its kind of a steal. I could be doin better things. If i'm pickn up logs that someone else cut its 150-200/hour. Thats what it comes out to, but i'm getting paid by mbf when pickin up others logs.

I've been approached and have offered to do this type of work with my C5D grapple for between $100 and $75 per hour for me and my skidder, I pay fuel.. I've never had a taker at any price.

That is a very good rate for a grapple skidder, if someone were in the market to hire someone with a skidder. But as we know a lot of people either have no idea of the cost of owning and running a machine or want something done on your dime.

Latest posts

Back