How big is your wood? Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paragon Builder

AS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how big can you fit in your stove? My stove loves big pieces. Door is 28"w x16"h. Check out the pieces I put in the other day!
14888bc1f27e658c56c15bc5c5eed108.jpg
4230cb3231b2c8977f13dd6ac7f8f8b5.jpg
1fec609f6522d87b8319919ce34e091d.jpg
fa5aa31db52bc44f6a07b23f5c1c9887.jpg
781a5f74d1875e9c58d32b37b086857c.jpg

Most of my wood is this size.
a501e4a71648ad6f97dcb1ed3a8aeb06.jpg

The room stays about 110 degrees and with my fans blowing on it drys out pretty quick. It's great I don't have to split too much.

I have a 1000 gallon water tank to the left of the boiler that I keep around 180 degrees and the uninsulated stove vent up to the roof transition makes that much heat. The room is in my garage and well insulated. Water piped underground to my house.

Nice job! Nothing like the satisfaction of building yourself what others sell. And often better than theirs!!! [emoji106]

thanx paragon :)
sorry for the hijack

correct me if i'm wrong but it looks like your burning some silvermaple??

With a little Ash mixed in? I burn a lot silver maple. Burns hot and fast but I couldn't turn down. I should keep some nice rounds for overnighters. I forget when splitting though. Nice Stove!

I have to thin my grove this year of the Silver Maple. Previous owner planter too close together and they need some room. Not going to be fun, but got a skid steer, a ladder and a pole saw. Could get interesting......

With a little Ash mixed in? I burn a lot silver maple. Burns hot and fast but I couldn't turn down. I should keep some nice rounds for overnighters. I forget when splitting though. Nice Stove!

I have to thin my grove this year of the Silver Maple. Previous owner planter too close together and they need some room. Not going to be fun, but got a skid steer, a ladder and a pole saw. Could get interesting......

i'm actually impressed with the silvermaple I've been burning. it burns plenty hot and leaves a decent bed of coals. i was surprised. I expected it to burn like cottonwood. also the smoke smells way better than cottonwood.

and dont put the ladder in the skid loader bucket to get more height. but if you do, please film it. lol.

i'm actually impressed with the silvermaple I've been burning. it burns plenty hot and leaves a decent bed of coals. i was surprised. I expected it to burn like cottonwood. also the smoke smells way better than cottonwood.

and dont put the ladder in the skid loader bucket to get more height. but if you do, please film it. lol.

Yeah, my wife showed me a couple going around on "the Facebook". The worst one a guy had a ladder in bucket to tree, then an extension ladder in tree extended, going to top it, by the looks of it. Will try to find.

Burning some Silver Maple now, go some long logs that just fit in stove. Mixing in but it burns good.

Yup, some ash, oak, cherry, and a few hickory.

Latest posts

Back