How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been following this site for quite awhile. Then I joined and found I had little to add to most of the discusssions despite cutting wood for forty years, owning eight chainsaws and being a college educated forester. You guys simply know more stuff than I do.
So, thanks for giving me a chance to post an easy reply.
My name is Vladimir and I was the secretary of the Traditinal Archers of New Jersey when things were starting to go to computers and more people were communicationg that way. I needed an email location and a username. I was into archery and pointy things (knife collecting and such) and Vlad the Impaler was commonly taken. So, I picked Impalervlad and it worked.
I know, long answer to a short question!:hmm3grin2orange:

Mine is my company name - North Star Exploration. I'm in the mineral exploration industry in Northern Ontario and provide contract claim staking, line cutting and prospecting services. I fell in love with chainsaws after I started line cutting. I started off with a Husqvarna 445 and very quickly upgraded to a fleet of 346XP's. My work allows me to buy a few chainsaws here and there.:rock:

User name

I bought a piece of property a bunch of years back and started calling it Greenland. My last name is Green. People looked at me kinda funny when I said I was going to Greenland for the weekend, so I started calling it Greenland South. It stuck. I like it.

I use Muzzy broadheads and 1/504 was the unit I was in in the Army. Muzzy is usually already taken as a user name, so muzz1/504 works and is one that I won't forget..................probably. (it's a biotch getting old).

I've been following this site for quite awhile. Then I joined and found I had little to add to most of the discusssions despite cutting wood for forty years, owning eight chainsaws and being a college educated forester. You guys simply know more stuff than I do.
So, thanks for giving me a chance to post an easy reply.
My name is Vladimir and I was the secretary of the Traditinal Archers of New Jersey when things were starting to go to computers and more people were communicationg that way. I needed an email location and a username. I was into archery and pointy things (knife collecting and such) and Vlad the Impaler was commonly taken. So, I picked Impalervlad and it worked.
I know, long answer to a short question!:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey, Man just joking about foresters. Lol. Inside joke if ya know where I'm coming from.

Mine is easy

I have used this forever.

T for Tim, bow for the first letters of my last name. A lot of people call me Tbow. 388 is the start of my zip.

Was watching the deadliest catch a few years ago and remember the one captain talking about "rogue waves" scaring the **** out everybody cause they come out of nowhere..:laugh:

I can probably get this right.
When I retired from the Army I got a job collecting all the readiness data for Army helicopters. Korea couldn't get through to my work email address. So I created bcaarms as a login to aol. It stands for Bill Campbell Army Aviation Readiness Management System.

Ended up using it even after the firewall was fixed.

The womans underwear factory closed

Ole and Lars who worked together were both laid off, so off they were to the unemployment office. Asked his occupation, Ole said, "Panty stitcher. I sew the elastic onto cotton panties." The clerk looked up panty stitcher. Finding it classified as unskilled labor, she gave Ole $300 a week unemployment pay.

Lars was asked his occupation. "Diesel fitter," he replied. Since diesel fitters was a skilled job the clerk gave him $600 a week.

When Ole finds out he is furious. He stormed back to find out why Lars, his friend and co-worker was collecting double his pay. The clerk explained, "Panty stitchers were unskilled and diesel fitters were skilled labor." "What skill?" yelled Ole. "I sew the elastic on. He pulls on it and says, 'Yep, diesel fitter.'"
I have an interest in re-powering equipmnet with diesel engines also.
I guess the joke is on me. I googled "diesel fitter" it is listed in the urban dictionary as "a term to describe a homosexual".
Crap!! I wished I had done a little research. What can I say, it seemed like a good idea at the time. "DF"
DF?... DF could stand for lots of things... Man, I really didn't think this one through.

Ole and Lars who worked together were both laid off, so off they were to the unemployment office. Asked his occupation, Ole said, "Panty stitcher. I sew the elastic onto cotton panties." The clerk looked up panty stitcher. Finding it classified as unskilled labor, she gave Ole $300 a week unemployment pay.

Lars was asked his occupation. "Diesel fitter," he replied. Since diesel fitters was a skilled job the clerk gave him $600 a week.

When Ole finds out he is furious. He stormed back to find out why Lars, his friend and co-worker was collecting double his pay. The clerk explained, "Panty stitchers were unskilled and diesel fitters were skilled labor." "What skill?" yelled Ole. "I sew the elastic on. He pulls on it and says, 'Yep, diesel fitter.'"
I have an interest in re-powering equipmnet with diesel engines also.
I guess the joke is on me. I googled "diesel fitter" it is listed in the urban dictionary as "a term to describe a homosexual".
Crap!! I wished I had done a little research. What can I say, it seemed like a good idea at the time. "DF"
DF?... DF could stand for lots of things... Man, I really didn't think this one through.

At my old job (apprentice diesel mechanic) my boss always told me I wasnt a mechanic I was a diesel fitter and he'd hold up parts in his hands and say diesel fitter!...anyways, yea dont mind that urban dictionary crap, it has urban in it, and that's a terrible word

Back