How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my first jobs after high school was in retail sales at Sears. My boss, Richard Tracey, aka D i c k (censor!!!)Tracy, had a loud booming voice that carried throughout the store. Mr. Tracey lived in the country and had a rather long commute to work but when some of the people from the country used to show up at the store, Mr. Tracey would loudly greet them by exclaiming, "Mcginkleschmidt!"

I suspect that Mr. Tracey had facial recognition of the people but couldn't remember their names so by greeting them with the odd name of "mcginkleschmidt" he was probably acknowledging them as someone he knew from the country.

Over a period of about three years that I worked at the store, Mr. Tracey must have greeted hundreds of people with the loud announcement of "mcginkleschmidt!". When the Internet came around and I needed a screen name, "mcginkleschmidt" came to mind and I've used the handle for years.

Brads 1st initial + Lisas 1st initial + last name. Pretty weak, I know.

Similar. When "you've got mail" was new and dial-up modems cutting edge I wanted an email that reflected myself and wife Lisa. After trying A&L, A/L and a few other combinations came ANL and I was happy that it didn't get shot down as invalid or in use.

417K7E2WFEL._SY300_.jpg

Favorite flute player.

and well..... its my name too.

I'm a licensed cheesemaker at work and I cut wood for fun. Although once I cut the cheese and it sounded like a chainsaw and smelled like .....well anyway the bartender bought me a drink afterward and told me that mine was the only time in 23 years of tending bar that he had to leave the bar.

I gotta join in on this one seems very interesting to me for sure. Mine is pretty simple Magnum was the newest and the best series of Case IH tractors when I was young and email was new so that's that part and 783 I was born July of 83.

This is a good one. You'll be on the edge of your seat, I swear. I picked my username because my name is Steve. That's the easy part. Here's where it get's interesting. My middle initial is S, and my last initial is also S. I know right?? Pretty awesome, huh? :laugh::clap::rock::dumb:

2 reasons. First, the wood burning insert I bought back in 2010 - Hearthstone Clydesdale. 2nd because I used to race mountain bikes as an amateur and because of my height and weight, I would race in the "Clydesdale" class (200+ lbs.). Still ride to this day but no more racing.

Apparently this thread came and went during my AS hiatus. I used to shoot Cowbay Action events about 10 years ago, and Haywire Haywood was my nom de guerre. My skinnier fully bearded self in a poncho and cowboy hat got mistaken for Clint Eastwood once. Dude did a double take with a WTF expression for just a second. LOL

Latest posts

Back