How I heat my entire home...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a nice clean install, and it does what it's supposed to do. :bowdown:
I especially like the fuse in the disconnect. o_O

I'm not so sure about a nice install??? By my count I see three chimeys going into 1 flue and two of them are connected before they even go into the flue. I was always taught that was a big big no no.

Being vocal and proud of running high emission wood heating systems is going to have repercussions.
To clam up would be smarter.

L-O-L
Your pompous self-importance is showing again.
Vocal and Proud?? High emissions?? Who says?? You?? That's a laugh ‼

Besides, didn't you just post this a couple days ago...
What occurs to me Spider, is that you're not happy, and it is not stove related. Even though you have a set up that seems to be working for you, you hardly ever post about it. Instead you post about the old one that didn't.

So now when I do post... start a new thread dedicated to exactly that... you're still not happy??
But you're able to project your unhappiness onto me??
Make up your friggin' mind... or...
Just use the "ignore" function.

Don't be so thin skinned!

Heck man... I ain't thin-skinned at all... I was just curious what he was disliking.
I guess... just me... I wouldn't use the "dislike" button without giving someone the common courtesy of explanation.
It's sort'a like flippin' someone the bird through a closed car window and then speeding away.
There's a difference between criticism, and constructive criticism... and there's a big difference between a cowardly middle finger and staying to back it up.

Yep..........like what would an environmental scientist know about the environment?

Being vocal and proud of running high emission wood heating systems is going to have repercussions.

To clam up would be smarter.

If the goal is further reaching regulations, this is one way to help bring them on.

Burning wood is great! Puts more co2 in the air and makes the planet warmer and greener. He is doing it one log at a time.

L-O-L
Your pompous self-importance is showing again.
Vocal and Proud?? High emissions?? Who says?? You?? That's a laugh ‼

Besides, didn't you just post this a couple days ago...

So now when I do post... start a new thread dedicated to exactly that... you're still not happy??
But you're able to project your unhappiness onto me??
Make up your friggin' mind... or...
Just use the "ignore" function.
way good analogy,spidey......

I especially like the fuse in the disconnect. o_O

A little explanation about that photo...
The disconnect box on the right (the one with the single fuse) is the 115v circuit for the propane furnace.
The disconnect box on the left (the one with two "missing" fuses) is the 230v circuit for the wood furnace... I just hadn't screwed them in yet.
I had to convert the wood furnace from 15 amp/115v to 10 amp/230v because the furnace blower I used was 230v... and I salvaged the disconnect from one of the old outbuildings.

American ingenuity at it's finest.
To hell with the nay sayers, you certainly aint askin' them for nothing, and you're not a slave to the gas man!!
Around here there is an L.P. SHORTAGE!! FIVE DOLLARS A GALLON if you can even get any !!
Guys like us are the only ones who aint cryin' the blue river.

Whole house furnaces have been excluded from emission standards but that is likely to come to an end soon. Better units have been on the market for years.

Better?? By who's standard?? Yours?? And are we all supposed to use what you say, just because of your personal belief system??
You really need to loose your arrogance. Until you do you'll never be able to see that what's "better" for you is... well... only "better" for you, and has no relevance for anyone else in any way.

Once again I'll quote you from a couple days ago...
I feel strongly that this new generation of wood stoves that meet the now 25 year old EPA emission standards are some of the best wood stoves ever made, and are getting even better. You show your pompous, condescending, arrogant azz every chance you get running these fine stoves down.

But it's perfectly OK for you to run-down a different type of appliance?? The double-standard is perfectly OK?? Because, in your mind you are right and anyone not agreeing with you is wrong... and stupid??
See, it's your contempt of anyone not thinking exactly like you that defines your arrogant, pompous self-importance. It ain't what you say, it's how you say it and the double-standard it attempts to justify... you ain't even any good at disguising your contempt or narcissism.

But to your credit... you are consistent in it...

Each appliance needs it's own flue
Looks like she's been over fired before
..No one ever said you can't heat a home with a campfire in a box with a blower and some sheet metal ...just like nobody said you can't drive a pinto station wagon to your job everyday back and fourth.. I think the point everyone is trying to make is in efficiency and other benefits of reburn
Technology . So you heat your house so what ,your sending more heat into the wilderness than needed and your going to burn more wood than needed and your making a dirtier burn than needed to you it makes sense because it's functional and because you don't know what your missing out on just like a horse and buggy is fine and functions properly to the Amish because they never drove a 3/4 ton Sierra

Each appliance needs it's own flue
Not where I live... not most anywhere just half a generation ago... and any hazard you "quote" is because of user ignorance, not the flue setup.

...I think the point everyone is trying to make is in efficiency and other benefits...
Who's everybody?? You and Del_?? I don't see anyone else trying to make that point in this thread.
What if "efficiency and other benefits" simply means cost effectiveness to me and nothing more?? As was pointed out in another thread; figuring what it costs me to make firewood, I likely wouldn't break even in twenty years on the cost of a new-fangled wood furnace. How does spending more money to accomplish the exact same end equal more efficient use of my money?? How is that a benefit to me??

Comparing the horse and buggy to a 3/4 ton Sierra ain't even close to what we're talking about here.
For just one thing, the horse is a living, breathing and eating animal... you need to fuel it even when you're not using it. The Amish use the horse out of religious ideology... not because it's the most practical, efficient, or simply functional.

...your sending more heat into the wilderness than needed and your going to burn more wood than needed and your making a dirtier burn than needed to you it makes sense because it's functional and because you don't know what your missing out on...
Says who?? You??
How do you know how I run my furnace?? Exactly how is you know how much heat I'm sending "into the wilderness"?? Are you keeping a tally on my wood usage?? How exactly do you know how dirty it's burning?? And finally, my house is warm burning extremely cheap fuel, which was the complete and total goal... I'm "missing out on" what exactly??

Don't believe everything you read from government or in advertising, most of it's just propaganda... at best it's just "worst case/best case" scenarios that only apply to a select few. Odds are pretty damn good you'll find real world results falling in somewhere between those two extremes... at least that's how it's always has been for me.

Just pokin' at ya a little with the fuse thing...

And I agree with Flotek that the 3/4 ton Sierra is soooo much better for the environment. Horse poots are gonna end civilization as we know it.

Spider, have you been missing doses of your prescribed meds? I'm sensing a high degree of mania from you.

Back