How Many Cords of Wood do you get from a Tandem load of Logs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Many Cords do you get from a Tandem Load of Logs?

• Total voters
LarryTheCableGuy and SmokinDodge I said twice of what my wood guy can carry and that was 2 x 8 but i rounded it to 20 as it looks bigger but is hard to tell by looking at the pic.

Your absolutely right it's hard to tell by looking at the pic, damn near impossible. If there was more data presented like what size the bunks were and how high they are some one here could probably get close.

but i can see you are acting like a bunch of kids or more like your screen names so i am assuming you guys are rednecks that drink beer and are married to each others sisters ..

We never got married, that is what the common law is for. But thanks for the interest.

wood is what ya all know cuz its what puts food on the table ...

Not only do we know wood but we also know all kinds of other neat little things like how to capitilize letters. And how not to let some one half way across the world get under our skin.

so if you guys are so smart how much wood is there??

Again there really isn't enough information to be able to figure it correctly and since you don't want to listen to some one who has done two truck loads of this type:
I pay $700.00 U.S for the same size load , all around but not over 8 inches in diameter oak or maple , weve done 2 loads both worked out to be 17 - 18 full cords ,This is in northern Mi.

The only way you will exactly know is when Graystone gets it all split, stacked and counted.

My bad... I posted 20+ before looking at the photo or reading the post...I'm just used to the Michigan trucks hawlen 20+ with pup in the back. not a little wheelbarrow like ya got there. I'd have to say thats a bit over 12 cords +or-1 cord:greenchainsaw:

20 cords...

My estimate by looking at the load and logs is 20 cords. Maybe looser on the truck than in a stack of cordwood, but that depends on a tight or loose stack, split or not split. Also curve/taper of the logs. Here in the wild west we have straight conifers mostly. They stack pretty tight on trucks.

If the trailers are both 8x8x20? A cord is 8x4x4. 2 cords is 8x8x4. 10 cords is 8x8x20. So 10 cords per trailer. 2 trailers, 20 cords, rough order seat of the pants looking at a photo on the internet estimation:blob2: .

Hey guys I'm thinking 14 and a bit so 15. I purchase a minimum of 2 loads a year like that and would assume from the pictures that truck is whats called a 5 pulp cord load. Now also looking at the picture the stakes on the trailer are the same height as the truck so again another 5 pulp cords.5 pulp cords with all 16" ++ diameter logs, nothing crooked or hollow should give you close to 8 cords. I see some smaller diameter wood and a few twisted ones on the trailer so you will lose some volume.I also notice all the logs are cut probably close to 17 feet (200")with the exception of the first two courses on the truck and a few shorter sticks on the trailer.
The loads I purchase have a pup trailer with the bunk stakes 18" higher then the truck and it usually can be stretched into 16 cubic cords.I cut 16 inches long and make a pile 24 feet long and 4' high.
That is good looking wood though,I see lots of hard maple with a stick or two of beech,cherry and red oak. BTW I also pay $1800 for a load.Enjoy the fruits of your labour and let us know the final tally.

10 Cords and still going.

Just wanted to let you all know that as of today I have cut up 10 cords of wood from my last Tandem load of logs. I still have quite a bit left to cut up so I will keep you posted.
Thanks
Andrew

oh and ben 14826 whats your deal with are you serious ???
Graystone asked a question and you never even gave an answer but seem to like busting people who did .

Maybe you need to ease up a bit man? I wan't busting on anyone. Sorry if you took it that way. I said are you serious because I thought you were joking. Obviously not. And as for my answer I would have said 12-14. Have a good now.

Maybe you need to ease up a bit man? I wan't busting on anyone. Sorry if you took it that way. I said are you serious because I thought you were joking. Obviously not. And as for my answer I would have said 12-14. Have a good now.

no problem.

Classification of a Cord

I am calling a cord of wood as follows - 8 feet long 4 feet wide and 4 feet high. 128 cubic feet. About 80 cubic feet of solid wood.
Thanks,
Andrew

my supplier is allways on the 11 cord mark
oakwood003.jpg
march2snowstorm003.jpg
winterdec302006003LargeWebview.jpg

Latest posts

Back