how much to offer/pay for use of land?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew B

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone use anyone elses land to cut for firewood business and pay a small portion to owner? How is it usually worked out? so much per cord that you sell?

I have a few friends that own some acreages .

Thanks

yeah thats true, how would you go about finding someone?
what type of equipment would be best efficient for one person, saw, a small splitting, conveyor system into a small dump trailer? thanks

yeah thats true, how would you go about finding someone?
what type of equipment would be best efficient for one person, saw, a small splitting, conveyor system into a small dump trailer? thanks
Do you have Craigs list there? One person alone in the woods in this line of work is not a good idea. No help is available at all?

I do have craigslist here and I could do that , good idea. hum I have a friend or two that could probably help some days, I'm not sure if i bought the equipment how much to pay them either? id like a one person gig if i could even if i had to work at a slower pace , probably end up buying property to build a small home (maybe log). and forest that land as well.

What would be the best wood truck+ for reliability and fuel milage for that weight, buy a newish 1 ton or old? or just use a 1/2? I've never hauled wood before, I know it must be heavy.

Would a truck with a dump box or a dump trailer be better?

Thanks

What would be the best wood truck+ for reliability and fuel milage for that weight, buy a newish 1 ton or old? or just use a 1/2? I've never hauled wood before, I know it must be heavy.

Would a truck with a dump box or a dump trailer be better?

Thanks
4 Wheel drive dump truck is best. 2 wheel drive you will get stuck in the mud and snow. Gas engine is good because they are easy to start in the cold. New trucks are very expensive buy a low milage used truck 1 ton is good.

Back