• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

How to change Classified Prefixs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DexterDay

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was asked to write something up on this subject, as me and another member got to talking about it. This software, although strange to some, has many added benefits.

For those new to this new software, or just new to the Forum in general. When you select a Prefix to sell your item (Trade, Sell, Want to buy), it will be next to your title in the Forum column.
Once your item has been found, bought, sold, traded, etc, then go back to your classified and change the status. If it was For Sale? Change it to Sold.

If it was for trade, and you traded the saw, you can remove the Prefix completely and/or edit the title to reflect that the trade has been made. Going to walk through a step by step of a Saw For Sale, to it being sold.

This is the title we will be changing

image.jpg

Look for the "Thread Tools" in the upper right hand corner and click on it.

image.jpg

Once you have clicked on Thread Tools. Click on Edit Title in the drop down menu.

image.jpg

Your title with Prefix next to it, will appear. Here is where you will click on the Prefix to change it
and/or Edit your title to reflect.

image.jpg

Select the Sold Prefix or remove the Trade/Want to buy and/or edit title to reflect.

image.jpg

When done, select Save Changes and the Classified will now show it is sold for the world to see (and to stop PM'ing/Convo you) :)

image.jpg

Now it will say Sold

image.jpg

Hope this helps some. :)

Have to ask a Mod or Admin about that? Wonder if there is a time out? After so long it disappears? On posts, it's common to havea time out. Makes sure that people don't make the thread unrelated in a month or 2 (people do get aggravated sometimes ;))

I don't think they's a time out, or if it is it's awhile. I wen't back to the 395 I sold last weeks earlier today and changed it to sold since I knew how now. Also, my thread tools is still there....

can sellers delete their entire for sale posting ????
if so that would not be very good.

Some were asking where the edit thread menu was. I wanted to post a screenshot of this. You may not have all the features I have but you should have edit thread.

Attachments

• editthread.jpg
    editthread.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 22
Some were asking where the edit thread menu was. I wanted to post a screenshot of this. You may not have all the features I have but you should have edit thread.

And some people like to wear shoes with velcro because they can't tie a bow.

Nope, the entire 'Thread Tools' menu is missing.

I thought this might happen. I had to adjust the edit settings to 1 hour after the initial post because some shady sellers were editing their posts to cover their tracks. We'll work on a solution that can hopefully accommodate allowing the title to be edited but not the content of the post.

Ugh!

I have acquired 200+ new, or NOS guide bars of various mounts, and have multiples in each mount. I have listed some of the For Sale, and as they sell, I try to update available quantity. I'm not sure how I will accomplish this in the original post if the edit feature is gone after an hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back