So I finally got around to ordering some new fuel/oil caps for my XL-2 (the old ones had heat damage and wouldn't seal anymore). Got it running yesterday and made a couple cuts, and all of a sudden the bar was really loose to the point that the chain almost came off. So I removed the bar and found this little surprise: I have no idea what could have happened to cause that, especially since I've never really used it since picking it up at a garage sale last summer due to the aforementioned cap problem. So, any ideas on how to fix it? I was hoping I could just drill & tap a hole and epoxy/Loctite a threaded stud where the old cast one used to be, but I'm not sure if there's enough metal there to support that, as I really don't want to drill through the case or anything. That seems like the best option at this point but I thought I'd check for some second opinions. I don't believe JB Welding the old stud back in place would be sufficient, given the torque put on the bar studs when cutting, especially the rear one. I tuned it up yesterday and it was running like a champ, cut really strong considering it's only 26cc or whatever. I seem to have this horrible luck where I just get one problem fixed and another (usually more serious) problem rears its ugly head just when I think I'm in the clear. I'm sure many of you can relate to that though, especially those with WAY more saws than I have. I want to get this guy usable though. The ATV trails around here are a solid cluster:censored: of downed small trees due to a really heavy snowfall we had back in December. I took the Husky 50 out to do some clearing on Sunday behind my Dad's house, but it's just a lot of extra weight and more saw than I really needed. The biggest trees I was cutting were about 4", and most were under 2" so it was pretty much just limbing work. But it was so bad we only got a couple hundred feet of trail cleared in two hours.