How to repair a Pioneer gas cap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clean the vent, or replace the seal ring, drill a hole and run a remote fuel tank.
....or get a new filler cap.....
They're only about $35-$40 lol
Rottman sales. They have ones NOS for the older Pioneer made Target T6214 cutoff saws. Looks the same as yours....... (I think) (616)-877-4711

Love the price of the cap, I didn't pay that for the saw. lol I guess that pics would help but not sure what was the original design. Was there some sort of rubber or cork piece between the chain holder part and the cap? You can pour gas right thru this and it looks like Old Faithful on it's side.

Got-er did! OK, here is the fix without pics. I took the center chain holder part out of the cap exposing the hole that vents the cap, I then installed a duck bill vent from a poulan and its crush washer over the hole. I cut a rubber washer to fit over the duck bill to keep it centered and then used a light duty spring between it and the chain holder. Turn the saw on its side and no leaks or gas fountains, not sure what the original design was but think that ethanol at part of it. Thanks for the replies.

Had the same problem with my 1420. The vent valve dissolved into a black goo, and once I cleaned it out I stuffed the the vent tube with shoe felt. Lets air in fine, but gas has a hard time getting out. Nice to know the Poulan duck bill fits.

Had the same problem with my 1420. The vent valve dissolved into a black goo, and once I cleaned it out I stuffed the the vent tube with shoe felt. Lets air in fine, but gas has a hard time getting out. Nice to know the Poulan duck bill fits.

Didn't see your post till I had replied, that is what was in this one, some black goo. The felt sounds like it would work good, I have the saw on it's side all of the time milling, so it's a problem.

Back