How to rewind line on a Stihl 20-2 supercut head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeep

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a stihl 20-2 super cut head for my FS-90 R. It came loaded with line and it took me hours to use up the original line. After I finally did use it up and reload, I now only get a fraction of the time before I've used up my newly wound line. I must be doing something wrong but have been unable to get any answers from the Stihl site. Does anybody have any experience with this.

The dealer told me he had heard this and thought that Stihl had someway to load a exceptional amount of line on the head. I don't buy that. I have loaded the proper amount of line and tried to follow the pictures that stihl gives with the head.

I have recently purchased a stihl 20-2 super cut head for my FS-90 R. It came loaded with line and it took me hours to use up the original line. After I finally did use it up and reload, I now only get a fraction of the time before I've used up my newly wound line. I must be doing something wrong but have been unable to get any answers from the Stihl site. Does anybody have any experience with this.

The dealer told me he had heard this and thought that Stihl had someway to load a exceptional amount of line on the head. I don't buy that. I have loaded the proper amount of line and tried to follow the pictures that stihl gives with the head.

Stihl has instructions on the web site.

I would say first be sure you are using the correct size trimmer line. 095 I believe, but check it out and be sure.

I pull out a piece twice as long as I want then cut it in half leaving 1 piece for each side. Insert one end into the hole provided, then wrap it in the direction the arrows point. (Looks like backwards) wrap it tight reinstall the spool and go to work. I haven't had any problems with mine. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply Sawbones

I rewound mine a bit differently that the pictures show and have used it for about 30 minutes and am happy with the performance of the line now. Instead of going around the outside of the two wires I went under the first one and over the second one and then out the hole. I haven't had a chance to use it repeatedly as of this date but it seemed to last way longer than I was able to get it to last the first time. How do you wind your string with regards to the wires??

Latest posts

Back