how to store a throwline

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That target line is big on diameter, but low on strength. Zing it all the way for me. Less than $25 gets you 180', it's smaller and you can use it to pull trees over.

As far as storage, it's a hand throwing fishing reel, or a cube. I've got both. I use the reels most often. They're quick and easy. The cube is a bit more fuss, but can't be beat for really high shots when you need the line to pay out smooth. Quicker and surer than flaking the line out.

Shaun

I just thought the daisy chain was well done

That target line is big on diameter, but low on strength. Zing it all the way for me. Less than $25 gets you 180', it's smaller and you can use it to pull trees over.

As far as storage, it's a hand throwing fishing reel, or a cube. I've got both. I use the reels most often. They're quick and easy. The cube is a bit more fuss, but can't be beat for really high shots when you need the line to pay out smooth. Quicker and surer than flaking the line out.

Shaun

my oldy gets tangled up just as well as my slick line with weaver throw weight, which didn't even come pre duct taped! Its pink parachute cord highly visible and good for 400 lbs. What kind of fishing real do you use?:msp_thumbup:View attachment 294494

My favorite is still a five gallon bucket. Poke a hole in the bottom to tie one end off. Easy to flake into, and smooth coming out. Cubes are great unless you work with idiots, which I seem to do way too often, then they last about a week before some dummy folds it wrong and breaks a stay.

My favorite is still a five gallon bucket. Poke a hole in the bottom to tie one end off. Easy to flake into, and smooth coming out. Cubes are great unless you work with idiots, which I seem to do way too often, then they last about a week before some dummy folds it wrong and breaks a stay.

same thing i do, and if you use one of them bucket tool organizer jackets it stores all of your throw weights and extra line on a reel. good stuff.

oregon offers me a lot of tall trees. i live near Mt Hood, so im close to a great deal of old growth forests. last weekend i went for a hike up wahkeena falls with my Fiance' and her parents (where i asked for her hand in marriage :rock:) and along the trail we discovered some douglas firs that had to be 8 ft across and 200 ft tall. i wont deny that i wished i had my gear with me lol! i was tired but the view would have been worth it... although getting arrested right after asking her father for her hand in marriage probably would have made a bad impression hahaha!

oregon offers me a lot of tall trees. i live near Mt Hood, so im close to a great deal of old growth forests. last weekend i went for a hike up wahkeena falls with my Fiance' and her parents (where i asked for her hand in marriage :rock:) and along the trail we discovered some douglas firs that had to be 8 ft across and 200 ft tall. i wont deny that i wished i had my gear with me lol! i was tired but the view would have been worth it... although getting arrested right after asking her father for her hand in marriage probably would have made a bad impression hahaha!

Congratulations! I took my wife deer hunting on our honeymoon 25 years ago so maybe you can climb trees on yours. Good Luck!

Back