How Tough Are You?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke my leg & called the ambulance, they had to come a fair way so I reckoned I was going to be in hospital for a few days, so I thought I'd better make sure all the animals had enough feed for the week, when they got there I was in the chook shed filling up the feeder with a bag of feed in one hand & an old right angled tree root as a crutch under the other one, they took bets between themselves whether I was putting it on or not because I declined the green whistle pain relief , it was broken alright both lower leg bones.
Hardinski

Tough (or lazy?) Is when you poop yourself and decide to finish off the day in the woods vs heading in ASAP to do some major cleanup work.
(No not me, an old timer that used to work at the shop). "Eh... least it's warm"

If I even THINK poo touched cotton I'm doing the 300 yard dash to the shitter!

A lesbian once proposed to me, (true story), but I politely declined, because I'm a lesbian too.

I had a lesbian couple that wanted me to be their baby daddy. They offered that I could have both of them if that I wanted, just one of them was going to get pregnant. Both nice girls, really good looking for lesbians, good jobs with great retirement and bennies, but I said no. No doubt they would have loved the kid and taken great care of it, but the whole idea felt weird and I could see nothing but years of drama coming from that.

...and I ain't that tough.

I had a lesbian couple that wanted me to be their baby daddy. They offered that I could have both of them if that I wanted, just one of them was going to get pregnant. Both nice girls, really good looking for lesbians, good jobs with great retirement and bennies, but I said no. No doubt they would have loved the kid and taken great care of it, but the whole idea felt weird and I could see nothing but years of drama coming from that.

...and I ain't that tough.
!!!! "Amen " !!!! to that brother, especially with the wrong woman/women and 18 plus years of money trouble! but on the other hand with a great kid/kid's from one good delivery might just be worth it.... some fine kids have come from other than normal situations like you described...(married, one father/dad, mother/mom and together for life).

I'm so tough, I had a bad tooth infection on the botton right closest to the molar tooth and was wanting to keep the tooth and have a root canal. Eventually one night I grabbed a big screwdriver and put the insulated end on the tooth so it wouldn't slip and grabbed a 12" k&h wedge and stood in front of the mirror and hit it as hard as I could. Didn't knock it out but Blood was coming out around the gums. I took aim again and gave 'er my best again. A little more blood and with in a minute all the pain was gone from the pressure release. The tooth I couldn't knock out did eventually get the root canal.
Oh yes, the things you do in camp.
...wait a minute, I was in town.

I do have a tooth/camp story that went on for a 70 day shift but thats another post. Maybe had the thread been called "how sTOOpid are you, much of the same stories would be told

I'm so tough I kept on working throughout the season in the woods when I couldn't lift my arms above chest height. At first it just hurt like hell but then it became physically impossible to lift my arms more than a few degrees. Went to see the doc and was diagnosed with frozen shoulder on both sides and was told that I shouldn't have worked that long, that was 5 years ago and I still haven't healed, probably never will.
So that was not only tough but also stupid, those two seem to go hand in hand don't they??

I can barely use a chain saw today but that's ok, I have gotten used to it. I went back to school to get a forester (-ish) education, I plan on doing forest management plans and forest inventory.
Tough and stupid, but I get the last laugh :)

Back