Howdy from an Aussie.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davo_03

Reaction score
Hi guys

Thought it best to say hi, and introduce myself.
Been lurking around the shadows reading reviews, guides, n tips.
Am waiting on delivery of an old 026 I picked up off gumtree (similar to Craigslist I think), to supplement/replace my cheap nasty talon ac3100 I picked up last year.
Getting tired of having to strip the saw every 2nd time I use it to fix or check something.

Hopefully I can offer some help as time goes by, to return the favour for all the info gained from these forums.

Cheers
Pete

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yes I've seen multiple warnings on saws/this forum being rather addictive.
Another addiction to add to my list of "hobbies"

May have already drilled out the exhaust on my ac3100. Slight overkill. It has made a difference, n for a cheap saw its cut some wood.

My nieghboor used too bring me his Talon 50ish CC saw when it would stop working. I'd empty the the fuel into a glass jar and it would look like separated fermented yoghurt. I'd sharpen the 'blade' and set the rakers. He never cleaned the air filter or used fresh fuel but he'd always wonder why it would not start with 6 month old gas in it. Welcome!

S sidewall.

Thanks for the sympathy.
I've been trying to work out another name for my saw. I may be able to keep this thing alive yet, will be retired to bash about camp saw. Has actually served me fairly well, was very cheap.
Looking forward to getting the 026 though.

Cheers
Pete

Hi all, I’ve got to agree about the chainsaw and wood cutting addiction. The first saw I bought was an 038magnum Stihl second hand. I was about 19 and just wanted my own saw to help dad cut wood for our family. I did get up to 6 saws but I’m back to 5. I’m always on the lookout for a bargain saw or a non runner that’s repairable. My smallest saw is a Ms170 and biggest is Ms661 [emoji1303]

Back