How's Your Wood Pile Looking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many cords will you burn this winter?

• Total voters
If this Ebola thing gets out of control(I'm not buying into the sensationalism) firewood will be at the very top of our list of worries.

Buddy of mine works for a power plant near by. He said it only takes 10 cases of ebola and they can't leave and the plant goes on lock down. Its gonna get real serious much quicker than they tell you. Do you really think the government is gonna tell you when its time to start worrying? Cut all you can!

Thanks

Buddy of mine works for a power plant near by. He said it only takes 10 cases of ebola and they can't leave and the plant goes on lock down. Its gonna get real serious much quicker than they tell you. Do you really think the government is gonna tell you when its time to start worrying? Cut all you can!

Thanks
Nuclear power plant I'm guessing?

Thanks

That is about what I expected. They don't have all these martial law rules in place for funzies.

Thanks for that headsup, it is less cases than I thought.

Their "screening" at the airports for people coming in is a joke, really, they ask questions...as in, say some middle class dude from over there in heavy hit ebolastan knows he got exposed, he has a coupla weeks to do something. Medical care where he lives is non existent now, they flop you in a pile until time for the burn bin, whereas he gets into the country here, he gets the full monte instantly, best medical care. So he'll lie at the airport, get in, couple days later go show up at a hospital. It's already all over the news that two alleve will drop your temp some, enough to beat the thermometers.

No one is this stupid, that means everything the feds are doing (not doing) is..planned for a reason or reasons.

That is about what I expected. They don't have all these martial law rules in place for funzies.

Thanks for that headsup, it is less cases than I thought.

Their "screening" at the airports for people coming in is a joke, really, they ask questions...as in, say some middle class dude from over there in heavy hit ebolastan knows he got exposed, he has a coupla weeks to do something. Medical care where he lives is non existent now, they flop you in a pile until time for the burn bin, whereas he gets into the country here, he gets the full monte instantly, best medical care. So he'll lie at the airport, get in, couple days later go show up at a hospital. It's already all over the news that two alleve will drop your temp some, enough to beat the thermometers.

No one is this stupid, that means everything the feds are doing (not doing) is..planned for a reason or reasons.

Our power plant is natural gas powered.
He even mentioned something about contingency plans where they cut back energy production to keep more "important" power grids on, that cuts millions off the power grid....including me! Hope it never comes to that.

Thanks

been burning almost 6 weeks now,have not used a single stick that I had cut for this season... been cutting up blown down ash(small non-splitting stuff) to get by. Should have enough of that to get me thru January unless we get to much snow.

I have 5.6 CSS so far for the 15/16 winter. Looking to get 8. I thought I had 6 last year, but I forgot that I kept stacking the stuff that wouldnt fit in stove in the back. I added that to the total. SO I ended up just under 4 cord CSS. I ended up buying 2 semi wet cord. What was left from that is now in the pile. This year I made sure to use my gauge for each piece. No more of those that dont fit. HOPEFULLY this will be my last winter in NJ.

I'm not sure what I have, I think 2 or 3 years ahead. Need to haul a few loads home, have room for around 20 cords or so, about 6 years worth.

I have 6 cords onhand and curing, which will last me 3-4 years, depending on the weather and how often we feel like putting in and keeping a fire going. It seems that every year I get a little more, having closed gone into last Fall with 4 cords onhand and the previous Fall with 3 cords and... My wife claims I'm possessed and is hoping we're maxed out. Me too... :crazy2:

2 cords of Red Oak from last Summer, 2 cords of White Oak from this Spring, a cord of Elm from this Spring and a cord of mixed junk Willow from this Summer that will go on the firepit and Linden from this Summer that will be used as starter...

IMG_0560.jpg IMG_0568.jpg

Back