How's Your Wood Pile Looking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many cords will you burn this winter?

• Total voters
Load 6 coming down.

bb8e594a7b49d32dbc98d975164d6eb8.jpg

Brian

I like to back the splitter up to a big piece of wood or the stacked pile etc. This way as I sort through the pile I put the bigger stuff next to the splitter and once I have a pile there I split it up. This way the splitter cannot backup and the ram just pushes the split stuff further down away as in the photo. A very simple idea hit me to put the cheesy wheel chocks I have behind the splitter wherever I want it. Seems to work great. Probably late to the party on this idea but oh well.

0d7c5d00eb7f9dd64c0620df10ae7630.jpg
<br /><br />Brian

Brian

I would like to see a few pics of that splitter in action. Did you build it? Maybe I can talk my dad into fabbing something like that. Splitting is what kills my back especially the big stuff. More hydraulics is the answer.

Brian

I would like to see a few pics of that splitter in action. Did you build it? Maybe I can talk my dad into fabbing something like that. Splitting is what kills my back especially the big stuff. More hydraulics is the answer.

Brian
Ya I built it. Cylinder off old pay loader works well. Almost as good as one I built for my backhoe. Can't get video to load , I have some on YouTube you can check out

Ya I built it. Cylinder off old pay loader works well. Almost as good as one I built for my backhoe. Can't get video to load , I have some on YouTube you can check out
Will do. Are they under buck#1?

Brian

Dropped load 8. It wasn't completely full but it hit 85 here today in central MN so I threw in the towel. Literally, I switched wood stove back to the pool Saturday am and we just got out. One final hoorah.

e870294d9bc8b094531e151b03fc068d.jpg

Brian

First try at a panoramic photo. Pretty neat but the sun sorta screwed it up. Load 9 on the ground. Some maple and ironwood but mostly basswood. That was the last load off the clearing project for dad's new garage slash workshop.
b5161004ee02cc302c789bfe477e4ba5.jpg

Brian

Brian

First try at a panoramic photo. Pretty neat but the sun sorta screwed it up. Load 9 on the ground. Some maple and ironwood but mostly basswood. That was the last load off the clearing project for dad's new garage slash workshop.

Brian

Brian

Brian

Brian

Slick pic!

Latest posts

Back