http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_93ddd8b6-1b00-11e7-a2dd-db5efd4c12e9.html

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.my...olumne-county-killed-during-accident.html/amp

This young man I didn't know personally, but I've talk to some of his co workers and seen photos of the tree. It broke about 10 ft above the ground. Lots of those trees are like 18 inch DBH and 150 ft tall.
If an experienced person was on site he wouldn't of neg. Rig that tree..
Use of a safblock, or double pulleys, may of saved his life but are not Allowed.

Why aren't they allowed?

They are vary stricked and have a ton of rules. They have their own enforcement people. Violating their rules are grounds for dismissal.
Most of the stuff is cover their ass stuff. I never been involved with a big corporation before and didn't much like it.

They are vary stricked and have a ton of rules. They have their own enforcement people. Violating their rules are grounds for dismissal.
Most of the stuff is cover their ass stuff. I never been involved with a big corporation before and didn't much like it.

How does the use of a double pulley affect safety?

My point Exactly. Each method is spelled out in detail. No deviance. Even those approved you need to show your Compotent . Yet to be a climber you most climb a tree trunk stuck in the ground 10 feet with a friction saver and come down. Your now ready to climb some of the most hazardous trees in the world.

I've been reading articles about all the dead trees and how the state is trying to manage it. It sounds to me like the wild west with all the out of state people coming in. On the east coast I guess the closest comparison would be hurricane chasers. I think we will see a definite uptick in deaths and serious injuries while your state deals with this issue. Be safe.

I was tell two weeks ago. The works kind of drying up. Im going to go work for someone doing Residentials . A first class outfit. Corporate life isnt for me. Lot of drama going on in that field for some reason.

Back