Hungry horse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtB

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
When I was in my 20's worked with a engineer who was on the team clearing the reservoir.
Said he helped take a track off each of 4 brand new D9s and mate 2 of them which were used to drag the ball and cabled chain.

I've found videos of the ball and cable, but not of the mated D9s.

Anyone have a link, or old enough (y'd have to be over 80 yo <G>) to recall any details ?

When I was in my 20's worked with a engineer who was on the team clearing the reservoir.
Said he helped take a track off each of 4 brand new D9s and mate 2 of them which were used to drag the ball and cabled chain.

Anyone have a link, or old enough (y'd have to be over 80 yo <G>) to recall any details ?

Do you mean there was two machines running in the same set of extra long tracks?

image.png image.png

Here's one, or two
Doubleupski

Apparently my memory is bad, I recalled being told D9s, which were brand new.

However, probably were just D8s, as clearing project was about finished by the time any D9s were built. The 'mining mayhem' photo of D8s is probably similar to what was in use at Hungry Horse.

The twin D9's I've seen were inline and connected by a giant trailer ball. I've seen the side by side D8's at Antique Powerland.

I seen a pic, longer ago, of two D8's..with a ship anchor chain between them, going up a hill, about 150 feet apart,,knocking trees over like twigs.. dont remember where I seen it...think it was somewhere in TN....

Latest posts

Back