Husky 254 thoughts and opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great saws. My dad gave me one 10 years ago and only thing I've done is a 262 hda 144 and muffler mod. Eats 346's for lunch.

Rob066, did you figure out the issue with it dying? The 254 is the cream of the crop for any saw in it's size range. It's got a bad attitude for sure. I don't think I could ever sell mine.

The 254 is the best 50cc class saw built.

They really aren't a 50cc class saw in terms of size and weight. They are the same platform as the 257/261/262 which is to say 60cc. They are only 3cc's apart from a 357 which is stronger and smoother. That said, they are a very sweet saw. I've only owned one. I was very impressed with the power with only a MM and gasket delete.

They really aren't a 50cc class saw in terms of size and weight. They are the same platform as the 257/261/262 which is to say 60cc. They are only 3cc's apart from a 357 which is stronger and smoother. That said, they are a very sweet saw. I've only owned one. I was very impressed with the power with only a MM and gasket delete.

I thought they were in a different family? They certainly feel lighter and more nimble than a 262

Not quite the same as a 257/261/262. The 254 has a different crank which is dedicated to the 254 only with a different stroke. Different muffler too for the shorter stroke. The muffler is shared with the 51 and 55

Latest posts

Back