Husky 288 Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts on order

I ordered some parts from Baileys and E-Bay.

There will still be a few missing parts though.

Some of these parts are hard to find :angry::angry::angry:

As far as I can remember,

The screws that hold the top cover down and some oiler parts.
I have the main oiler housing, but the part that goes on the crankshaft.....:msp_mad:

I "need" a full wrap also, as any big saw must have a full wrap.

Agreed,
I did not need this saw, it is just my Hobby, Finally getting back to it.
My Fuel Wood permit ran out, and as windy and dry as it is here, they will close the forest before long anyway.
Now I get to finish splitting my firewood, taking some to my Mom when she needs it and getting back to working on projects.
I have a Husky 288 project, Husky 272 project and a Husky 61 project.
Think I like Husky much :)

OK.. So far the Piston/cylinder is on, Fly Wheel and the Oil system is back together.
Now I am working on the Two Piece coil system.

Wish me luck :)

Which style of A/V buffers are you using? I'd like to put the spring style "soft" buffers in my 288 project, but I haven't been able to find any.

I bought a set of 4 AM off E-bay, and used two Spring type. Not sure if I should mix or now though?

If I have some of the Spring ones left, do you want them?

If so Send me a PM

I bought a set of 4 AM off E-bay, and used two Spring type. Not sure if I should mix or now though?

If I have some of the Spring ones left, do you want them?

If so Send me a PM

most 288's actually came mix and matched when new. when it comes to 288's i like running 2 springs on upper tank, 2 rubber mounts on lower tank, and just the large spring in the front with no mounts in front on tank. makes it most comparible to newer saws AV. if you run all springs it feels to soft so the 2 rubber mounts need to be there.

What I did was two springs up top, then 4 rubber avs.
I do not have the spring that is out front, is that needed?

What I did was two springs up top, then 4 rubber avs.
I do not have the spring that is out front, is that needed?

it isn't as long as you have other mounts in front of the tank. i just like the feel of a 288 with no tank mounts in front and just the big spring.

Latest posts

Back