Husky 346XP gray cover - YUK!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a 353 cover on it.

0106151732-L.jpg

l hope husky does not repeat the 'grey clutch' disaster, paint on a tool of such retail price should not wear off in the packaging box while shipping but sadly it does. They must improve quality control or continue to loose market share. l think R&D has been put aside on the pro grade tools and focus has been on where the money is....chinese homeowner products with huskvarna labels sold in big box stores.

l hope husky does not repeat the 'grey clutch' disaster, paint on a tool of such retail price should not wear off in the packaging box while shipping but sadly it does. They must improve quality control or continue to loose market share. l think R&D has been put aside on the pro grade tools and focus has been on where the money is....chinese homeowner products with huskvarna labels sold in big box stores.

Regretfully I have yet to see a bunch of Chinese homeowner products with Husqvarna labels on them as yet. As far as big box stores in Canada that are selling Husqvarna product I can count them on two fingers. Yet somehow Husqvarna Canada's sales growth from FY2013 to FY2014 increased by insane proportions.

Even though it wears off its brand marketing, as sets the XP line apart visibly form the rest of the product line.

I've got a couple of ragged looking saws, I don't even think about purdy.
BUT this is my SPECIAL saw
No problem to you. My ugly grey covered 346 has harvested more firewood than any other saw I own. To me my 346 is my firewood champ. Plus using it for a tree service I used to work for!

resized.jpg
Paint it candy-apple blue like that guy did a couple years ago ...

It held up pretty well. I sold the 346xp and replaced it with a 550xp that has yet to be and will not likely be powder coated.

Latest posts

Back