Husky 359 E-Tech Carb Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mile9socounty

Two-Stroke Swope
Reaction score
Alright. You still fans out there will get a kick out of this. Our 359 E-Tech's at work, are having major carb problems. It first started off last winter. You would get the saw started, warmed up and all. It would run fine all day, WOT and at idle. Bout midday. It would start acting up. The saw would be idling, and you pull the throttle trigger. The saw bogs out. So the High jet is out of whack. Nope. Stock adjustments, and it continued to bog out when you pull the throttle. It got so bad that you could even run the saw. We've had the carbs readjusted. Then the bosses spend over 1K$ on just two saws on some kind of carb mod. Didn't work. They are still in manufacture specs. The tabs have not been clipped on the jets. What the hell is going on? We just got another 359 back from the saw shop. Fresh rebuild on the carb and it's still doing the same darn thing. Any of yall ever have this problem? Or are we just blessed up horribly built saws? Ideas? Anything? I personally own a 359, but its not an E-Tech. Aint ever had a problem with it in the years I've had it. Any ideas? :censored:

I only have one thought.This would be to use a different type of gas.Low octane will surely damage any type of saw.This is just my opinion. I could be rong, Ken

to lean in on the low circuit.

Cut the tabs and richen the low jet.

high jet just controls the topend speed. The low jet controls idle and off idle acceleration until the high jet picks it up.

Assuming everything else is in check (no vac leaks), richen up the low side and call it a day

I would agree on cutting the tabs. But since this is a state forestry job. Thats highly illegal. As for the Octane level? I agree. The company is cheap so they mix with 87? 89?. Which the new saws do require a higher octane. But we're not the only people having the problems with them. It might just be where we are getting our fuel from? Keep the ideas coming. I'll check back in the morning.

I would agree on cutting the tabs. But since this is a state forestry job. Thats highly illegal. As for the Octane level? I agree. The company is cheap so they mix with 87? 89?. Which the new saws do require a higher octane. But we're not the only people having the problems with them. It might just be where we are getting our fuel from? Keep the ideas coming. I'll check back in the morning.

so get the tool and remove the limiter then put it back on after it is set, or get a new one. were only talking about an 1/8- 1/4 of a turn...

I remember reading a trick or better said a method of removing the limiters. Wish I new how to post a link to that thread. But supposedly If you insert two very small eyeglass screwdrivers or a ground down paper clip in each of the two little holes next to the Screw head on the limiter you can pop them off adjust and put them back on again.

so get the tool and remove the limiter then put it back on after it is set, or get a new one. were only talking about an 1/8- 1/4 of a turn...

As much as I would like to remove the limiter's. I just can't. If someone had an accident with the saw, which would be investigated. Both person and saw, and they found the limiter caps missing. I would be out of a job and have a law suit on my hands. It goes against the OSHA policies we follow here. Sorry Stang. I just cant do it.

Yes they have the plastic clip.
Another thing is. My boss keeps arguing with me over a susposed pick up pump somewhere on the 359 E-Tech. The IPL nor the WSM how any pick up pump or anything close to it? When in the heck is going on with this?

Last edited:
Back