Husky 562xp or Jonsered 2260 - What Would You Choose ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2260 is so much better looking! If I could find someone that just had to have my ported 346, I'd get me a 2260 to replace it :rock:

I would love to have a 562 with the techlite. The 2260 with small mount bar feels great. I don't recall care for the silver paint on the 562. The husky dealers in my area are just flat no very good. Not even in the same league as my Stihl dealers. So with that in min I vote 2260 because I can be at Terry Landrums shop in an hour and half and he is a great dealer and one of the best for port work anywhere. So 2260!

I would love to have a 562 with the techlite. The 2260 with small mount bar feels great. I don't recall care for the silver paint on the 562. The husky dealers in my area are just flat no very good. Not even in the same league as my Stihl dealers. So with that in min I vote 2260 because I can be at Terry Landrums shop in an hour and half and he is a great dealer and one of the best for port work anywhere. So 2260!

What bar would you run on it ? Would you run a 20" pro lite or a solid 20" bar ?

I would run a 20" total 3/8" bar on either. The tech lite is nice hut not double the money nice. Really a 24" would be easier on the back for me... :beer:

I would run a 20" total 3/8" bar on either. The tech lite is nice hut not double the money nice. Really a 24" would be easier on the back for me... :beer:

Yup, I had a 20'' Techlite. Like you said it was a nice bar but I didn't like it that much for what it cost.

A ported 2260 562 would pull the hell out of 24incher!

Also, small mount bars are available from Oregon up to 28'' to fit the 2260 if ya wanted to go that big.

I'd like to see a west coast 2260 edition :rock::rock:.

...probably won't happen being a small mount though.

Yup, I had a 20'' Techlite. Like you said it was a nice bar but I didn't like it that much for what it cost.

A ported 2260 562 would pull the hell out of 24incher!

Also, small mount bars are available from Oregon up to 28'' to fit the 2260 if ya wanted to go that big.

I'd like to see a west coast 2260 edition :rock::rock:.

...probably won't happen being a small mount though.

A 2260 with heated wrap and a 24" bar would be an awesome small saw to compliment a 80-90cc saw.

I would run the solid 20" on the 2260. My brother runs a 20" on his ported 562 and it is perfect for that saw and it pulls it extremely hard in very hard wood.

I think I'm gonna go for the 2260 even trade plus tax, but I can also get the 2258 and not have to pay the tax for an even trade for my 2 rebuilt 2150's. . I just have to put the stock cyl and riser back on the one I ported. I need to do a bit of comparison between the two. I know they are the same displacement and look identical but I think the 2258 has a half a hp+- less. Anyone run the two side by side? Is it worth an extra $100 for the 2260? The Jonney dealer here is good to me and the Husky dealer is a con man so its Jonsered hands down for me.

I wonder if the 562 spikes would fit?

A 562xp clutch cover would make them easier to fit, I assume - but who really wants spikes on those saws anyway? :givebeer:

The first I did with my 560xp was removing the spikes and the spark screen + I had it "converted" to 3/8" chain (they come with .325 here, and a 7-pin that really is an insult to the saw).

A 562xp clutch cover would make them easier to fit, I assume - but who really wants spikes on those saws anyway? :givebeer:

The first I did with my 560xp was removing the spikes and the spark screen + I had it "converted" to 3/8" chain (they come with .325 here, and a 7-pin that really is an insult to the saw).

All us that fall larger trees like the spikes to hold the saw for us making felling cuts.

Am I really the only one that thinks the Husky's are far better looking? I mean, the 346/2153, 372/2171 days go to Jonsered easy. These new saws are definitely better in orange.

As the 562xp would probably be my largest saw it seems like there are more bar options for the Husky 562xp rather than the 2260. That techlite 20 inch bar really looks like a winner and no homemade adapter plates required. Would also look at getting a 24" bar for occasional use.

That was the reason I went with the 562. I don't know why J'red wants to market the 2260 as most suited to 16-20in bars & .325 chain when the 562 is marketed with 3/8 chain & 16-28in bars. I wanted the lightest saw capable of pulling a 24in, & it has proven itself.

Am I really the only one that thinks the Husky's are far better looking? I mean, the 346/2153, 372/2171 days go to Jonsered easy. These new saws are definitely better in orange.

Orange and silver:msp_thumbup:

That was the reason I went with the 562. I don't know why J'red wants to market the 2260 as most suited to 16-20in bars & .325 chain when the 562 is marketed with 3/8 chain & 16-28in bars. I wanted the lightest saw capable of pulling a 24in, & it has proven itself.

I told you that you would like it:msp_smile:

Back