Husky 562xp vs 365xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe21

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking at picking up a new saw sometime in the near future. I'm inclined to buy a 562xp but it seems like the hot start issue is pretty common, and I'm a little worried about it summertime here in Fl. Just looking for a good all around saw to run a 20in bar on. I like the lighter weight of the 562 but am wondering if AT is going to be too much trouble.

365 has one of Huskies best proven records. A 562 has some issues when it is run hard in hot weather. Nothing actually fails/breaks it just won't restart when the carb gets heat soaked. Many don't understand how to manage this and think 'there's something wrong with ma saw'. This happens with lots of 2t's. I would not be scared of a 562xp one bit but I also get it that some folks are and other makes/models don't suffer this issue as easily.

I'm very happy with my 562 and had no issues with my red 365 (Johnny 2165) either. By seat of pants feel the 562 has significantly more power but I have never seen them run head to head. FWIW I was at a chainsaw race this weekend where they did have 365's competing and the finals had a 562 vs a 2260. I didn't notice what saws were in the other brackets but obviously these two saws ran each other at some point.

A lot of ink has been spilled over the 562's fuel system. I have never encountered either issue as it appears the newer build saws are more or less "debugged".

Good luck, you cannot go wrong with either.

I've had my 562xp for a few years now. It's my most used saw and has never given me a bit of trouble. No problems with hot start or anything else
If I were limited to one saw, the 562 would be on the short list................and I'm a Stihl guy.
Good luck, however you decide to go.

Only had 1 hot start issue with my early build 562. Was working it very hard in 92°F heat. Luckily I had a back up and it didn't stop me in my tracks. It has never done it since. The 562 is a fine saw in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28" or longer bar, definitely go with the 365xt. Hog out the transfers and you have a 372xt.

I owned a 562xp that was "ported" and I wasn't all that impressed. It did have the el-44 carb, had a definite hesitation off idle, and would lose RPM and die if I didn't constantly blip the throttle... needless to say, I sent it down the road and kept my 357xp.

28" or longer bar, definitely go with the 365xt. Hog out the transfers and you have a 372xt.

I owned a 562xp that was "ported" and I wasn't all that impressed. It did have the el-44 carb, had a definite hesitation off idle, and would lose RPM and die if I didn't constantly blip the throttle... needless to say, I sent it down the road and kept my 357xp.
You did keep the right saw, but that 562 just needed fixin.

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely leaning towards the 562xp. The saw will be used almost exclusively with a 20in bar but I'm may get a 24 for occasional use. Most of the cutting I do falls in the 16" or under category, but want something that can still handle the big stuff.

Lots of guys run a 24" bar on the 562 with no issues. I think you would be real happy with one. If I were going to buy a 60cc saw it would either be it or a 262.

There was a very nice one on ebay a while back for around $400...I was very tempted but had money tied up in my 346 project. I had the pleasure of running one a while back though and they live up to the hype. Very strong 60cc saw and silky smooth.

Oh yeah, and one on Craigslist for like $75 bucks. Missed out on that one...probably too good to be true. The guy seemed to know what he had in the description which seemed weird considering the price.

This good info. I am looking now to decide what is the next saw for me. My 257 still runs strong but when I did a compression test it had 125 . Not bad for a saw that's 20 years old. But the 562 has me looking. I saw one in the saw shop when I went for a fuel line grommet for the 257 and now I have the bug. The new 562's have a flip cap for oil and fuel and I wonder if anyone has one and how they like it

Latest posts

Back