Husqared 3171

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Mike kept at me and got me thinking about a shirt getting sucked into the flywheel. So I put my redneck mind to work.
I actually did NOT think of that happening. That could be bad!

Sawtroll, I think I will likely leave the HD6 on it. It seems to run just fine right now, and it's not like the saw will see alot of use anyways. I have the parents to this saw, a 372xp and a 2171 in good working order :)

Great thread, great rebuild. Got to appreciate a good work saw. I would use the heck out of that saw and and take pride in it.

Thanks also for rescuing us from all the boring banter about the ms241 and ms661.

Thanks!

Yeah, who likes Stihl's anyways? They're just orange and white. BORING!

You got that right!:cheers: :drinking:

Most 372ish saws around my parts run 20" bars, occasionally 24". The trees just aren't big enough to warrant bigger bars than that. Plus they cut real good with the shorter bars in hardwood :chainsaw:

18" is a common bar length on those saws in Scandinavia. I had 16, 20 and 24" bars for mine, I never used the 16", the 24" was used once, and the rest of the time I used the 20", that also was on it when it was stolen a couple of years + ago.

Mine has half a tank on the current setup for test cuts ;)

The combination of the parts though, has probably cut ALOT of wood.
The case halves and jug came off saws owned by a logger in Maine.

Mine came out of a collection in PA.

I think it had culture shock when it got thrown in the back of the Tahoe with 3 other saws and a brush cutter. I'd like to think it's happy like a wild animal free'd from the zoo. :laughing:

The 371 I built had the HD-6 I like it.
Yeah, it was nice not to trim the tabs down.
It works, it's all rebuilt, I'm gonna keep it.
The HD12 I have is an unknown, I could rebuild it and it could end up being junk. Guess I'll find out if I need it someday.

Yeah, it was nice not to trim the tabs down.
It works, it's all rebuilt, I'm gonna keep it.
The HD12 I have is an unknown, I could rebuild it and it could end up being junk. Guess I'll find out if I need it someday.

Look for the numbers I mentioned - they will tell the venturi size if they are there (in 64ths of an inch)....

Chris looks like you did a great job on your build I got a chance to use mine yesterday doing a bit noodling and am very pleased the way it turned out mine has been done for a long time I have just been grabbing the 262.

Latest posts

Back