Husqvarna 2100 Broken Crankshaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshy

285 Killa
Reaction score
Got the chance to cut some wood with my Pops this weekend and got talking about his old Husky he use to use in the woods when my brother and I were knee high to a grasshopper. Turns out it was a 2100 and he still has it. Its in good shape and starts right up but the crank broke on the clutch side outboard of the bearing and so it wont hold the clutch on. I thought I would do some reasearch on it and see what it might cost to replace the crank and make it a working saw again. Anyone have a good crank/rod assembly they are willing to part with or have a source to buy one? I thought maybe it would be cool if I could snag his old saw and fix it for him behind his back.

Anyone else hear about or experience a failure of the crank in this location?
Are there any other modles compatible with the 2100 crank I should look for?

IPL says the part number is 501291661 (http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Husqvarna 2100.pdf)...

Thanks guys, I will take a look there and maybe make a WTB post.

What was the biggest saw Husky made? My Father said his brother has a 130cc saw but wasnt sure of the model. Maybe its aftermarket BB kit for the 2100?

I think the 3120 is 118cc. The 2100 is around 100cc. No BB kits for the Husky's that size and are really limited even for stock CC size in the aftermarket world.

Also post in the swap thread asking for a crank, someone there may be able to help.

Cool, its most likely a 3120 then. I remember my uncle's saw was even more impressive than my fathers 2100. Both saws have a impressive sound and power. Its likely the reason Im partial to Husqvarna, I had good roots. :D

i have a brand NOS 2100 crank in the husky bag.. you interested?

Attachments

• 2100_1.jpg
    2100_1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 2100_2.jpg
    2100_2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 33
$100.00 For NOS
$50.00 For Used.

Shipping Is $25.00, They Are Coming From Canada.

Back