Husqvarna 2100 CD or XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powelllake

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I always assumed that the 2100 CD came with standard ring set and XP came with thin ring piston & rings. I am looking at a 2100 tagged CD and it has the thin ring setup. Would this have been an upgrade or replacement to the saw or did some 2100 CD models come equipped with the thin ring? Thanks for your help...Mark

My understanding is that all 2100s are CD saws, 2101/298s are XP saws. Nothing to do with the piston or rings (CD = capacitor discharge). Anyhoo, if I see a 2100 with an airfilter cover it is invariably an XP cover and is cracked. The recoils are typically labelled CD.

Chris B.

My understanding is that all 2100s are CD saws, 2101/298s are XP saws. Nothing to do with the piston or rings (CD = capacitor discharge). Anyhoo, if I see a 2100 with an airfilter cover it is invariably an XP cover and is cracked. The recoils are typically labelled CD.

From my experience (Canada) the 2100's are tagged (metal id tag) CD or on a lesser quantity XP. I think that they are all CD ignition. The covers are mix and match for sure.

Latest posts

Back