Husqvarna 2100 cylinder conversion?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying pig

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone converted a 2100 to run a different cylinder? I read an old thread where someone claimed that someone has modded a 2100 using a 3120 cylinder using a 2mm spacer plate for the cylinder base. I don't have a 3120 cylinder, but if it is doable this is a saw I would love to build as a project. I think it would make one awesome milling saw. Does anyone know anything about this?

Very good question. I have a 2100 as well but with the p&c damaged. My back up plan is to find someone to re plate the cylinder and buy a new old stock piston but that is going to cost. I'm hoping that someone might start making am parts but the alternative is to modify something else. If no one else does it I guess I'll have a go at some stage.It would have to be with a p&c that was plentiful and without altering the oem cases...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Right, so it looks like no-one knows what works and the ones that are listed and have been done don't really solve the basic problems, which for me are that the parts have to be more available than oem 2100cd parts.
This is my next project once the ms200t is finished. I'm thinking of getting a copy 56mms p&c from something that looks close and just seeing what needs to be done. I don't want to modify the cases but if i need to make up spacers etc that should be fine. Intake is an issue, because carb mounting needs to be achieved with filtering etc and throttle connections.
I just want to be able to run this old saw without worrying about hurting old hard to find bits.

Ideally I would have other Husqvana saws and parts lying around to experiment with but this part of nz is Stihl country, people back away with a funny look when they see the ones I have. Which makes me want to get the 2100 running.
Looking at pictures it looks like something could be done with a 56mms 395 jug, but I can't find a wreck to play with, so maybe just a brand new am one would prove one way or another. I do have a Stihl 066 cylinder that might even work but that would be some sort of blasphemy wouldn't it. Surely someone with cad has at least thought of this before

I stripped and cleaned the 2100 yesterday to make a list of parts required and take some measurements. And found a crack in the crank. So whatever I do now involves a replacement or rebuild there as well.
I did find a local business that will nikasil the old jug for me, they regularly do two stoke race bikes so I think that should be successfull and expensive.
The piston I have is reusable at a pinch unless I find a new one.
I'm still keen to find a new jug piston and crank that would work I'm just not going to change my cases at all.

A ported 2100 is a handful. She’s a beast stock. I had dull chain by the end of the day and she still cut.

Latest posts

Back