husqvarna 2100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abebengolf

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A guy gave me an old husqvarna 2100, it had a scored piston so I bought an el-cheapo gulf piston and put it in, the arrow on the piston which points to the exaust also has the ring alingment pins on that side, so I put it in that way and it ran but in after thought I didn't think it was right so I switched it because I've never seen a saw with the ring ends on the exaust side.
Would like to see some expert advice on this and this is the place

i just had mine apart too and the pins were on the exhaust side with the arrow. i put it back that way.i can't see any pins in the intake or exhaust so i'm happy.
i don't know if the wrist pin is offset on these. maybe someone else can fill us in on that.

from a search i found this :

some pistons have offset wristpin holes so that the combustion pressure has a straighter shot at the crankpin and the load on the intake side skirt is reduced. A flip of the piston would send that all out of whack.

Check the wrist pin alignment, but I haven't heard anyone with a definitive answer on this. Common sense tells me that ring ends opening in the centre of the exhaust port may be a really really bad idea.

I have a gulf in my 2100. It's been in there for probably 10 gallons of fuel and it still looks brand new. I put my locating pins on the intake side so they bridge the ports as on any other two stroke I've ever worked on.

Back