Husqvarna 268 problems. Could use some help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other possibility. I had a 009 that was in good shape, but would not run. I could see fire on the plug just fine, but finally decided that perhaps it was weak. I put a new ignition module on it and it cranked on the first pull. It absolutely would not hit a lick before.

Seems like even if it's flooding it would hit a time or two.

It's also possible, especially on the 009 but possibly on other saws that the sparkplug wire is going bad, when you turn it one way it fires, when you twist it the other way it doesn't. It happened to me on my 011, bout' drove me crazy finding it. You can try pulling on the starter when the lights are out to see if you see an arcing of the spark at an unwanted place.

Alright, Ive replaced the spring on the needle valve fork, same thing. I guess Ill have some updates when I get the new coil, Its a Bummer I had a couple huskies not too long ago I could have pulled the coils to test :bang:

THANKS FOR THE HELP SO FAR

Alright, Ive replaced the spring on the needle valve fork, same thing. I guess Ill have some updates when I get the new coil, Its a Bummer I had a couple huskies not too long ago I could have pulled the coils to test :bang:

THANKS FOR THE HELP SO FAR

Have you made certain it's not the sparkplug yet????? I know it's to obvious..... but make sure as it's way cheaper than a new ign and you will feel foolish if you spend the bucks for coils/pickups and STILL have to buy a plug!!! Just sayin....

I did, one of the first things I did, I never work on a saw without checking the plug. Still nothing, Im tried of the saw im just going to part it out..

Have you made certain it's not the sparkplug yet????? I know it's to obvious..... but make sure as it's way cheaper than a new ign and you will feel foolish if you spend the bucks for coils/pickups and STILL have to buy a plug!!! Just sayin....

I did, one of the first things I did, I never work on a saw without checking the plug. Still nothing, Im tried of the saw im just going to part it out..

Before you parts it out here's something you might try. Drain all the fuel out of the saw, all of it, then put a small amount of fuel in the cylinder, either through the spark plug hole or exhaust, then turn ignition on and pull the rope. That will eliminate the carb and fuel system from the equation. If it runs for awhile you know it's something in the fuel system, maybe a mis-adjusted fuel plunger lever. Or bad gas.

Last edited:
I had a 371K with the same problems and did all the diagnosing you have done. In the end all it need was a carb re-build kit. New carb gaskets and diaphragm had it running perfect.

I had a 371K with the same problems and did all the diagnosing you have done. In the end all it need was a carb re-build kit. New carb gaskets and diaphragm had it running perfect.

And don't guess at the plunger lever height. Put it at what the manufacturer states it should be. They have a website. Same with the H and L screws, go by the book.

Back