Husqvarna 340/345/350 Jonsered 2141/2145/2150 Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moody

I've seen plenty of people ask questions in the past about this platform. This thread is a place we can put our collective knowledge to better help those in need.

Common issues I've personally seen:

Plastic boot clamps break causing the saw to run lean and in cases score the p&c.

Easy fix/way to avoid: Buy the metal clamp style, inexpensive way to get added protection.

Loose muffler bolts causing the case or top plastic to be damaged.

Ways to fix/avoid:
Run the saw for a couple minutes shut it down, then snug the bolts. This in most cases will work.

If problems continue use a small amount of loctite. Many kinds of loctite available I've used the red kind with success.

Parts compatible swaps:

On this platform there are plastic handles and metal. These can be swapped back and forth with no modifications. This goes with any and all parts. If you wish to upgrade/replace the top end on your 340/2141 or 345/2145 to the 350/2150 all you need is the riser block from a 350/2150. No modifications are needed. Please note there are 2 top ends that belong to the 350/2150. Open port is 49cc and closed is 51.7.

These saws are quite capable,light and take well to modifications. The 353 and 346 top ends can be replacement options for this platform. And if you're from Iowa the 359 top end can be used with lots of work.:msp_biggrin: Carb swaps are simple they come with Zama and Walbro's stock. You can use intake boots from 357/359's along with other models.

I hope this information helps someone. Add things if you know anything I missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Info, Thanks!

I have a 340 that has been a great saw for many years but recently its been acting up a bit, I'll check the things you mentioned before I move on to other things.

You would'nt know the part # for the Riser for a 350 conversion?

Eric

Great Info, Thanks!

I have a 340 that has been a great saw for many years but recently its been acting up a bit, I'll check the things you mentioned before I move on to other things.

Eric

You can find a wide selection of part lists on the US (+ some other ones) Husky web-site, and at least on the Canadian Jonsered web-site.

Great Info, Thanks!

Eric

I'd list them but I'm currently at the zoo. ST can fix you up.

I've seen plenty of people ask questions in the past about this platform. This thread is a place we can put our collective knowledge to better help those in need.

Common issues I've personally seen:

Plastic boot clamps break causing the saw to run lean and in cases score the p&c.

Easy fix/way to avoid: Buy the metal clamp style, inexpensive way to get added protection.

Loose muffler bolts causing the case or top plastic to be damaged.

Ways to fix/avoid:
Run the saw for a couple minutes shut it down, then snug the bolts. This in most cases will work.

If problems continue use a small amount of loctite. Many kinds of loctite available I've used the red kind with success.

Parts compatible swaps:

On this platform there are plastic handles and metal. These can be swapped back and forth with no modifications. This goes with any and all parts. If you wish to upgrade/replace the top end on your 340/2141 or 345/2145 to the 350/2150 all you need is the riser block from a 350/2150. No modifications are needed. Please note there are 2 top ends that belong to the 350/2150. Open port is 49cc and closed is 51.7.

These saws are quite capable,light and take well to modifications. The 353 and 346 top ends can be replacement options for this platform. And if you're from Iowa the 359 top end can be used with lots of work. Carb swaps are simple they come with Zama and Walbro's stock. You can use intake boots from 357/359's along with other models.

I hope this information helps someone. Add things if you know anything I missed.

so the 2150's that say 52cc on the top cover are closed port?...............just wanted to be sure

Great Info, Thanks!

Eric

No problem. Its what we're here for. I'll post some parts numbers up when I get home.

The muffler bolts from a 288 xp with a small drill and tap job take care of the muffler bolt problem. I have done two in the last month, one on a brand new A/M topend for a 2150 , and one on a 353 that had lost a bolt but it had not ruined the cylinder yet. both saws didn't see thread locker and they are still as tight as the day they were torqued.

Helpful part numbers

350 riser block 503 88 59 01
Metal handle 503 90 93-01
346 head bolts 725 53 33-55
359 hda 199 complete kit 537 25 13-07

The muffler bolts from a 288 xp with a small drill and tap job take care of the muffler bolt problem. I have done two in the last month, one on a brand new A/M topend for a 2150 , and one on a 353 that had lost a bolt but it had not ruined the cylinder yet. both saws didn't see thread locker and they are still as tight as the day they were torqued.

It's obviously best to avoid thread locker. Great option here. I've used heat resistant gasket sealer but that was because my tap and dye set was misplaced.

Back