Husqvarna 346xp cranckase problem !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreas stadler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hy i am new here my name is andreas and i am from romania. I have a husqvarna 346 xp the cylinder is scored and i want to rebild the saw but i have a problem on the right cranckase side. I uploaded some photos. Marked the spot where i think it is broken or maybe not. Please help me !

Attachments

• IMG_20150330_183644.jpg
    IMG_20150330_183644.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20150330_183708.jpg
    IMG_20150330_183708.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 91
I don't think i can find OEM in romania. You know a lot about chainsaws i wish you could be here to repair my chainsaw

I don't think i can find OEM in romania. You know a lot about chainsaws i wish you could be here to repair my chainsaw
I know a fair bit about 346 & 357 saws, but not much else.
What do you think about raisman platt ???
Never heard of that one. The Hyway kit seems pretty good for aftermarket.

You don't have a Husky dealer? I order my OEM stuff from Spike60 here, maybe he can ship?

Hello Andreas. You are from Romania sau esti roman? Where do you live[ what city?] I live near Bucuresti.

I know a fair bit about 346 & 357 saws, but not much else.

Never heard of that one. The Hyway kit seems pretty good for aftermarket.

You don't have a Husky dealer? I order my OEM stuff from Spike60 here, maybe he can ship?
I have a Husky dealer but the parts ar really expensive. I also found a meteor kit. I don't think that shipping from the usa is cheap.

Should i just cut big wood ?
Symbolically speaking, I just go and cut up a tree. Start at the branch end and get slowly but surely to the trunk end. That way you will have optimum break in, in the beginning quick short bursts that get continuesly longer and more demanding.

What I personally see as more important is the short "warm up" and "cool down" time. What I see as "warm up" time is start the, cold & unused for some time, chainsaw, let it just run without any idiotic reving if it is running well, and then I put on my gloves, chainsaw helmet, etc.. Only after that procedure, like one to two minutes, do I start cutting. And when I am finished with the last cut of the day through the thickest piece of wood => trunk and the chainsaw is at it's highest working temperature, then I just set it on the ground and let it idle while taking a last good look at todays work and then I take of my gloves, chainsaw helmet, etc. And when I am done I shut off the chainsaw. This is what I call the "cool down" procedure and it also is only a few minutes.

Back