Husqvarna 350 comparison video with cut times!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started work on the saw that will have the new hyway cylinder. The bevels are so heavy that I am basically going to grind away to the timings at the end of the bevels. 106 121 and 80 are the objectives. Riser ground to optimize squish. Stay tuned for the results....likely be a few weeks though.

Just started work on the saw that will have the new hyway cylinder. The bevels are so heavy that I am basically going to grind away to the timings at the end of the bevels. 106 121 and 80 are the objectives. Riser ground to optimize squish. Stay tuned for the results....likely be a few weeks though.
What are your thoughts on those numbers Matty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No particular thought, just a little higher exhaust then usual, 15 deg blowdown, and an 80 intake seemed reasonable. plus, its basically where the HUGE bevels land anyway lol.... ie, i couldn't make it a 108 exhaust unless I lowered the jug significantly more and did a popup. actually, maybe that'd be reasonable, and then I wouldn't have to cut the bevels quite so much, I dunno :)

Just curious. I did 106/124/75 with just a gasket delete and I liked it. But I haven't tried other numbers yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You talking to me or Brad?

Brads 340 was a very fine example of such a saw, no question. But it was his saw, so I sent it back :)

I'm going to see what I can do as far as grinding a hyway cylinder in a similar manner to Brad's.

My hyway husky 350 (saw #5) I have about $350 into.... partially because it has hybrid ceramic bearings in it.

My guess is that Brad has at least $250 into his 340. The 340 itself was $150 I think, plus a 346xp oem cylinder kit... at least another $100.

You talking to me or Brad?

Brads 340 was a very fine example of such a saw, no question. But it was his saw, so I sent it back :)

I'm going to see what I can do as far as grinding a hyway cylinder in a similar manner to Brad's.

My hyway husky 350 (saw #5) I have about $350 into.... partially because it has hybrid ceramic bearings in it.

My guess is that Brad has at least $250 into his 340. The 340 itself was $150 I think, plus a 346xp oem cylinder kit... at least another $100.
I sold that 340 to him for $100 before he "hot-rodded" it. He told me he was going to hot-rod it.

Latest posts

Back