Husqvarna 350 rim sprocket worm gear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottfarm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I converted my Husqvarna 350 spur sprocket to a rim sprocket. Can you get a worm gear for the oil pump that fits the rim sprocket. The worm gear that comes on the saw with the spur sprocket works but it is a slopply fit.

I converted my Husqvarna 350 spur sprocket to a rim sprocket. Can you get a worm gear for the oil pump that fits the rim sprocket. The worm gear that comes on the saw with the spur sprocket works but it is a slopply fit.

Ipls don't show a rim sprocket or worm gear for a 350. However a 351 worm gear for a rim sprocket is 503892102. Don't know if it will work on a 350. My guess is yes.

Ipls don't show a rim sprocket or worm gear for a 350. However a 351 worm gear for a rim sprocket is 503892102. Don't know if it will work on a 350. My guess is yes.

Wrong guess. The depth of the gears are different for the plastic case vs metal case saws.

There really is no gear for the 350 or 340/345 that's intended for a rim set up. Other than living with that sloppy fit, there is no option available.

That hurts. I guess I will order another spur gear in case the sloppy fit buggers it up. It oils fine with it now. Just can't go back to a spur once you've used a rim.

Back