husqvarna 350 running problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one thing i noticed after it stalled is that the primer bulb was dry, if that means anything or not. /QUOTE]

Hmmmm, Could the primer bulb be dry rotted a bit (IE:Cracked) letting it suck air, and starving the carb for fuel?

Just thinking outloud here really, hoping someone else will come along and prove or disprove my thinking.

Good luck!

hey murf. i checked the bulb and hose and it looks good. the saw is just over a year old so i dont think thats the problem but i will take a closer look at that. thanks

maybe air leak?

Last year I bought a second hand Jonsered 2149 that had a very similar problem;
- start cold OK, rough idle hot.
- tried starting and then removed fuel cap and idle improved drastically.
- thought must be fuel vent blockage.
- took fuel tank & handle off, to replace the fuel vent and showed it to friendly Husky serviceman so he could get the part I wanted and to my surprise he quickly diagnosed a fuel line cracked where it appeared to have rubbed on something solid.
$7 later I had the saw up a running again sweetly. Now one of my favorite saws

I think it would be worth checking your fuel line real closely! Cheers

Last edited:
Seconding the fuel line possibility. My Husky 350 wouldn't start at all, but it still took me a while to find the worn-thru fuel line.

Many thanks to all on this board, without reading old posts I never would have checked it!

I am trying to fix the same problem as we speak. I replaced the tank vent and fuel lines today-still same problem. While feathering the throttle I could hear what sounded like an air leak. I found a loose 1 inch hose attached to a nipple located on the underside of the tube going from carb to head. Should this be attached to something on the other end, like it may have come loose letting in air? Looking at the tank vent, there is another small inlet nipple moulded into the tank. Should something be connected there, or does something actually connect to the end of the replacable tank vent? Sorry for the long post, but I have lurked for a long time and enjoyed the site. This common problem must have a solution, it is driving me crazy! Thank all of you for your help.

After reading a few other posts, I think it is an impulse hose I was referring to in above post. My next question is does this short hose connect to something or hang free? Thanks

I don't have any experience with the 350 but the impulse hose is usually conected to an intake boot on the engine cylinder and then on a carb mount or flange on the carbeurator side. So yes it has to be connected on both ends-it usually is a tight fit over a nipple or spigot type fitting. From what I understand, the impulse line usually cylinder pressure to feed back and push against a valve or diaphram in the carb, thus allowing the carb to pump fuel.

After pulling the carb partially out it was clear that the hose had come loose from the nipple on the bottom of the carb. For those with this same problem, it is very hard to see if this hose has come off without knowing right where to look under the carb. I will try running saw this weekend and post results. Hope this is the fix and hope this helps someone else. Thanks

hey murf. i checked the bulb and hose and it looks good. the saw is just over a year old so i dont think thats the problem but i will take a closer look at that. thanks

Hey, guy I have run the 345/350 and 450 quite a bit and I can tell you the primer bulb can cause you trouble and not seem to be bad. I had a 6 month old 345 start acting crazy sort of like yours and it was the primer bulb that fixed it! Also they seem to be very easy to gum up a carb on, I had a 350 that I left in my pickup for maybe 3 months with fuel in it, a notta with today's fuel anyway, and it wouldnt run for :censored: a carb kit and good cleaning, it was gummed up that bad, and it was back to norm!!

took the saw to another huskie dealer and i'll be sure to post the problem when i get her back. thanks to everyone for the help. great site!!!:cheers:

350 update

got the saw back today. mechanic wasnt at the shop but the guy at the front told my dad (he picked it up) that the problem was a vent inside the fuel tank. the saw runs fine but i didnt have time to really light her up. my next question is how many vents are on the 350? i changed the one on the right hand side of the saw and thought that was the only one. thx again ppl for all of your help. dave:cheers:

update no. 2 back to the dealer

just thought that i would give an update of my 350. the saw runs better but still has a venting issue. it will run now for about six to nine minutes before it stalls. opening the tank is a quick fix but it's going back to the shop when i'm done with my wood. will update when i get it back.

Fuel filter
kink in fuel line
Coil breaking down when hot.

My early 350 runs great, never had to mess with any vents or primers..

Latest posts

Back