Husqvarna 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werewolf

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
does it seem like these Huskys like porting? Been porting my stihls and Huskys for years and seems like Huskys get more from porting. Or I'm too conservative on my stihls. Just finished a 2nd gen 350 and it's hotter than my 026 with similar mods.

I just picked up a real clean "looking" one. Needs a new piston. Thought it was more of a saw then what it is. Paid $50 for it.
You think its worth upgraging to a 45mm from the 44mm piston? Or just leave ot arock and not let this get away on me and become a upside down money pit.

I actually like the 44mm cylinder, mine was the 45mm and imo needs more porting to be strong. I've had one with a 44mm cylinder and I just removed the base gasket, opened up the muffler a tad then just richened up the carb a bit, ran a semi-chisel on a 18" bar and it would fly!

I actually like the 44mm cylinder, mine was the 45mm and imo needs more porting to be strong. I've had one with a 44mm cylinder and I just removed the base gasket, opened up the muffler a tad then just richened up the carb a bit, ran a semi-chisel on a 18" bar and it would fly!
44 mm is open port 45 mm is closed port with a dished piston. The 45 mm with a flat top 353 piston and base gasket delete is the shizzle!

My recent 350 is that way and I did the same plus major porting, transfer ports are restricted at the base on those 350's, a open port is ok many of the older runners were open ports! Of course money no object find a real 346 p&c and modify it a little!

My recent 350 is that way and I did the same plus major porting, transfer ports are restricted at the base on those 350's, a open port is ok many of the older runners were open ports! Of course money no object find a real 346 p&c and modify it a little!
346 OEM cylinder (44 mm)are around 100$, certainly an option now. The prices dropped a bunch back in December.:cool:

Heres my thing, i bought this saw to repair and sell. I already see this as becoming one to belong in the other thread of projects that got away in money. I cleaned up the cylinder pretty well. I think i just want to break this down,check all locations for the air leaks. Already needs metal clamp/boot (cheap enough) and just drop a piston in and send her on her way before she demands steak dinners!!! Lol

Back