Husqvarna 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have a 8 pin on .325 or 3/8 on the 353. I have 7 pin on 3/8 chain works perfect . 73 60 drive link. Mines all stock yet . Just have to put a none EPA muffler I have on yet. Mine 353g

Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I just put 325-8 rim to my 353. Nice to see how it works.

I have 8 pin rim in my 444 as well. But since I haven't ever cut aything with 444 i don't know if it makes any difference : )

I just put 325-8 rim to my 353. Nice to see how it works.

I have 8 pin rim in my 444 as well. But since I haven't ever cut aything with 444 i don't know if it makes any difference : )
Let us know how it works . Chain might be small enough it just might work great.

Woodblocker55

Yes, very close - and both really are a bit much for a stock 353, .325x7 usually works better unless the wood is very small.

Agreed, but on 16" bar with muffler opened up the 353 will pull 8 pin well. Excellent budget minded saw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, at least there is nothing wrong with testing it - rims are cheap!
After seeing it pull sharp 3/8 chain I think 8 pin .325 is doable. Before I would of thought otherwise. Until I tried 3/8.
[emoji41][emoji106]
Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

As I said (or tried to say) before, just try the options (.325x7, .325x8 and 3/8"x7), and use what you like best.

There are too many variables involved to trust advice from others.

.325 with an 8 pin is my favorite on a good 50cc saw. Thing is there are more variations of .325 chains out there and some work better than others. I like Oregon 21LPX myself. If you want to have some more fun, (and are cutting clean wood), try square filing it. :)

But bar length and wood size ought to be included in this discussion. 50cc saw use for me is generally 16" bar and cutting harwood up to 12". It's all about "light and quick". 16" and bigger wood, I'm grabbing a larger saw. Some guys like a 18"-20" bar on their 50cc saw and are cutting 16" and larger wood with it. In that application you are better off with the 7 pin and not giving up any torque for additional chain speed.

Done some cutting with 353. Just for fun.

353japalli.jpg

Works just fine. Even with rich break in setting. 8 pin rim worked ok too but propably not best option for carving.

I used my 353 today with an 18" bar and .325" pitch chain. Felled a branchless poplar tree, buck cut the rounds and then buck cut a bunch of cottonwood for campfire bundling. I figure it added up to about a truckload. Once again, the tank still had fuel in it when I was through. The fuel economy of this engine never ceases to amaze me, and the saw cuts beautifully. My secret is to make sure than chain is razor sharp before I start.

I recall SawTroll giving this chain saw a good review years ago, and he was right. Two thumbs up!

Back