Husqvarna 372 T-port cover?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artemis

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a Husky 372XPGW, with X torq, soon. I noticed that the transfer ports seem to have a removable cover/plate over top. The screws that hold the cover on have a similar head to that of a torx head, just with a dot in the centre. Like a tamper proof screw ya know? The salesman told me to never take that cover off because there is a seal in there that wont properly seal once it has been removed and then put back in again, hence the anti tamper screws. My questions are: Why do the transfer ports need a removable cover at all? It seems like another potential spot for air leakage in the long term. And why don't other 372's have this? I could be wrong, but I swear that I've seen some 372's that don't have this...? Thanks for the insight!

You can upgrade a 365xp x-torq by swapping the transfer covers from a 372xp x-torq, I believe.

Also, is that 372xpwG coming with a heated full-wrap handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can upgrade a 365xp x-torq by swapping the transfer covers from a 372xp x-torq, I believe.

Also, is that 372xpwG coming with a heated full-wrap handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I believe the "W" means a full wrap bar, and the "G" means heated handles. You can get a model with just the full wrap, or just heated, or both full wrap and heated. I appreciate that Husqvarna offers that kind of selection.

Back