Husqvarna 372AT (or maybe 572)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was at a Husky dealer's yesterday, & he said a bulletin was received that said the new 70cc Husky AT was ready & soon to be released. Don't know if this is "old" news, but, for those who have been looking forward to this model, your wait may nearly over. My best guess is that it will have been well tested!!

So am I - the test saws were out several years ago.

Hopefully they have redesigned the production saws to have an outboard clutch - but I suspect not.

I expect the new saw to replace the 576xp, but I'm not sure the 372xpxt will go away where it is, and the original 372xp surely won't where it still is (made in Brazil).

i don't mind an outboard clutch on a smaller saw but if the husky 70cc went outboard i'd be throwing in the towel with husqvarna. i ran the 70cc prototype. it's just like a larger 562 but with a full wrap option instead of 3/4. it even sounded exactly like a 562 but a bit deeper. the case was all orange along with clutch cover but i bet husky switch it to the silver when producing them.

i don't mind an outboard clutch on a smaller saw but if the husky 70cc went outboard i'd be throwing in the towel with husqvarna. i ran the 70cc prototype. it's just like a larger 562 but with a full wrap option instead of 3/4. it even sounded exactly like a 562 but a bit deeper. the case was all orange along with clutch cover but i bet husky switch it to the silver when producing them.
You likely are right about the colors - the 560 test saws were orange with a gray top cover.

An outboard clutch always is superior to an inboard, but it matters less on a large saw than on a small one - unless the bar is both short and relatively heavy. The point is that it matters less with long bars than with short ones, so I understand that PNW guys like the inboard. After all it takes a couple of seconds less to change the chain, and maybe 10 seconds less to change the rim - unless you loose some of the small parts that needs to be removed to get there.
There are no such issues with a fairly recent Husky outboard - just knock the clutch off and change or clean whatever you want. No e-clips or washers to loose.

Also, the outboard keeps the PTO side of the saw cooler, and is more maintenance friendly.

Inboards really are outdated at this point, but the saw brands have to deliver what snowed down users demands...

FWIW, the same dealer told me Husky was redesigning their bars to have better sprocket noses (I believe they were to have more rivets, 6 maybe) & to eliminate the grease holes a la Stihl. I haven't seen one yet. If he is right on the new saw, I will see one soon. He might even let me test one!!:)

FWIW, the same dealer told me Husky was redesigning their bars to have better sprocket noses (I believe they were to have more rivets, 6 maybe) & to eliminate the grease holes a la Stihl. I haven't seen one yet. If he is right on the new saw, I will see one soon. He might even let me test one!!:)

"Things" are happening with both bars and chain, and regarding who makes them. This doesn't mean that the older stuff is useless though.

I will look at the bulletins tomorrow. I know they had a lot on the 1st. I was trying to catch up on some today.

I had found a pic of a saw that said 372 replacement. I couldnt see any difference in it and a 562 besides the orange top cover. Pic is small and embed on chainsaw repair website last night. Mike said he thought the saw looked longer.

You guys are killing me. Any more word on this? I've been waiting for these to come out ever since I heard about them.

Its a bit surprising the 576xp has not caught on more and may already be being phased out. They are a fantastic saw. I own one over a 372 x-torq. Run them both (stock) side by side. 576 is definitely a tad heavier but is so smooth and incredibly torquey. 372 still seem to run fantastically.

Who cares? They will release the saw, and in the real world it will have all kinds of problems, then it will take a few years to get the bugs worked out... Maybe by 2020 they will be reliable enough to take the risk, but probably not.

Same thing with new trucks... pop the hood and what do you see? A bunch of ******** that just causes problems and costs you money.

So am I - the test saws were out several years ago.

Hopefully they have redesigned the production saws to have an outboard clutch - but I suspect not.

I expect the new saw to replace the 576xp, but I'm not sure the 372xpxt will go away where it is, and the original 372xp surely won't where it still is (made in Brazil).

I remember reading posts from you a couple years back when I was researching my 372 purchase. You were saying then that Husqvarna was very close to releasing the new model. That seems like an awfully long time to test a new model. Not bagging on ya, just saying.

Latest posts

Back