Husqvarna 372XP "Flagship saw" "best saw Husky ever made"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have heard it seveal time on Arboristsite,"Huskqvarnas Flagship Saw" "Best saw Husky ever made"

I am curious as to why people say this. I have a 372xp and love it,but what makes it so great? Relaiability? Power to weight ratio? longevity

I am sure that other Husky saws use the exact same rod,rod bearing,crank and main bearings and carbs. This would indicate that they should be just as great as the 372. Whats everyone think?

Last edited:
Good question hummm... Well my 372 makes me very happy thats why I like it soooo much, for instance it will even start at 13 degrees ambient it doesnt like doing it but never the less it will because I am there and it is out to please me! :) j/k

I have never had to do one single thing in 8-9 years of owning it besides service it every time its put away and sharpen chains nothing nota 4-5 pulls any time and its ready to get it on and it does GET IT with a 20".

Oh BTW its husQvarna just for the record. :)
I see you just bought one so if its anything like mine and many many others here you will have a long and trouble free relationship enjoy the best saw ever built damn sure the best saw I ever owned it made me a Husky fan for life!

Last edited:
I actually bought a blown up 372XP off ebay. I bought new everything for the motor and i gotta say, i like it wayyyyy more than my brand new MS440. For me, i just love how zippy the saw is. I stihl love Stihl though.

I have heard it seveal time on Arboristsite,"Huskqvarnas Flagship Saw" "Best saw Husky ever made"

I am curious as to why people say this. I have a 372xp and love it,but what makes it so great? Relaiability? Power to weight ratio? longevity

I am sure that other Husky saws use the exact same rod,rod bearing,crank and main bearings and carbs. This would indicate that they should be just as great as the 372. Whats everyone think?

The 372 is a good runner, good weight to power ratio. Best saw Husky ever made I wouldn't know, only have two Huskies and 26 Stihls. Will give the 372 credit though, its a good runner, not hard to handle, smooth as well. Mine has alittle oil leak problem I'm too lazy to fix but other than that its alright in my book. I bought it based on what your asking, I too had heard its the best Husky ever made. If it is thats fine with me.

ven start at 13 degrees ambient it doesnt like doing it but never the less it will because I am there and it is out to please me! j/k
Mine started yesterday after sitting out over night. It was minus 6 acutally temp and it fired after two pulls.
The chain was frozen in the bar groove, but rocking it back and forth on a log broke it free.
I like the 372 better than any other 70cc saw because it's smooth and IME its the fastest in its class. Also the reliability is good, balance is superb and it has a excellent filtration system.

I like mine so much that I just bought a Jonsered 2171 for a great price during Jonsered's "Trade up Sale".

Eventually the EPA will cause production of both to stop and I will have a stock pile of spare parts that I have accumulated and two saws to cannibalize into one workin' machine.

Best saw Husky ever made? That could be debatable.
The 372 is a good saw, but to say it's the best Husky ever made is a little wild in my opinion.

Andy

Best saw Husky ever made? That could be debatable.
The 372 is a good saw, but to say it's the best Husky ever made is a little wild in my opinion.

Andy

Same here, also to be considered-266xp, 288xp, 2101xp, 272xp, 346xp, 394xp, 395xp. Ran all of them, killer saws. Stihl-034, 066, 020/200t, there must be more.

Probably the best

Hey I love the old Husqvarnas like the 272 61 series but I think the 372 beats them hands down. Inboard clutch, lower vibe, same or better power and IMO just as dependable. I like running it better than my 440 (When nobody is looking anyway :greenchainsaw: )

I don't know if it is the best, but it is definatly one of the best.

The say this for all of the above reasons. All my saws are modified, and the 372 really responds well to being modded.

The only saw that close to a 372 is a 365 and it has a smaller piston and cylinder and less air filter capacity. It is a good saw, just less power.
If every thing was the exact same, it would be a 372.

Same here, also to be considered-266xp, 288xp, 2101xp, 272xp, 346xp, 394xp, 395xp. Ran all of them, killer saws. Stihl-034, 066, 020/200t, there must be more.

Yep Got 2 - 272XP's and a 266XP + a 365 special,,,,385 XP,,,
I will put either of my 272's up against any 372!!!!!

I've used the 372 a few times. I can't see that it really cuts any faster than my 268XPS. Could be slightly lighter, somewhat quieter? It may rate so well for Husqvarna since it was built to have superior power to weight characteristics. They are smooth as glass to operate, excellent "feel", balance, etc.

For those of us that cut a lot of firewood, often tops that really aren't all that big, power to weight means everything. There is little if any need for really big/heavy saws that cut no faster (while consuming more fuel) in smaller material than mid-sized saws. These days we very seldom use the larger saws, the older you get, the longer the days seem, and your lower back appreciates operating lighter saws as much as possible/practical.

We also look at fuel efficiency, which seems to get little coverage. The saws that spend most of the time in operation for us are the Echo 510's and the Husky 55. They are relatively fast saws, at least for small diameter cutting, light, and very easy on fuel.

As much as we love Husqvarna chain saws, they make some "low" end stuff. I puchased a 141 once, and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The "Professional" saws are well worth the upgrade for those in limbo on choosing what to get. Our 480CD was purchased new in 1980, and runs as good today as when we got it, same with the 268XPS......Cliff

I bought a 372XP to fit in between a Stihl MS260 and an MS660 and love it.

Trouble is now I want a 346XP and 390XP.

Last edited:
372 Husqvarna

I was just starting a falling contract in BC when the first 172 line came out. It was a good saw but no match for my 181 of the time! I have owned over 2 dozen saws, most of them were Husky and my favourite of all time was my 2100 brute that would literally pull me off my feet when I would buck big diameter drags on the landing. That is some 30 years back now. Besides the 2100 I liked the 281 and the 288 XP line. They'd do circles around a Stihl.

Last edited:
Back