Husqvarna 372xp maybe? Really a 96-371xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the welder today and he handed me this. He said it was a guys that worked here 5 years ago $40. Better than welding the case.20170613_125106.jpg 20170613_125058.jpg 20170613_125049.jpg

Feels great! Threads are good! He thinks it was a masonry chop saw that was going to be a chainsaw. He tossed all the parts over the years. So that would make it a K case.

It may have, I just finished cleaning the case , there was red mud in every corner!

The crank spins pretty smooth so I am up in the air about changing the bearings. It was a masonry saw so those bearing may be worn. I am soaking inside the crankcase with mineral spirts overnight just to see any crud that may be inside.

Yea been thinking about it, I'm doing all of the work might as well do it right!

If you only do one thing make sure it's put a new bushing, oring and seal on it because I guarantee you it will leak just enough to drive you crazy trying to keep it tuned.

Changing the bearings bushing oring seals gaskets New chain brake cover metor piston, ring. Air filter cover,bar chain air filter fuel line and filter and what ever else it needs

So the crank bearings are #6202. What are the thoughts on ceramic bearings? They seem pricy but are a low wear bearing

So I split the new case , after cleaning everything up and comparing the 2 cranks I am not using the K case crank. It feels good but between the two cranks the 371 crank is much better, alot less play in the rod.

Ordered piston bearings and seals and gaskets, new hd air filter cover and filter and rubber intake manifold and a bunch of other parts now. I need a wrap handle and a nice rear handle tank assy.

So has anyone used a after market rear handle/tank for the 372. Are they any good?

Cleaned parts today, what do you guys use to clean the fins on the cylinder?

Brought the flywheel to the welder and he is going to put a a small build-up on the fin where the pawl hits the flywheel, just a little bit broken of, he doing it n/c. He told me to drop off the old cases since I bought the others from him he would fix the break when he is doing a mag job. Nice guy I have to say.

So new parts are coming in: so far, rear handle tank, gaskets,crank seals. The welder called me and the flywheel was done . So I picked It up and filed it smooth and put the pawl back on.

20170621_191135.jpg Well a pile 'O parts came today so I guess there is no excuse but to put it back together! Since it started life as a 371xp I can get the sticker kit from "chainsawr"online store. 20170621_191135.jpg

Back